Advertise on PinupLifestyle

THESE ARE SOME FOUNDATIONS THAT I LOVE...WHICH ONES ARE YOURS?

I LOVE A GOOD FOUNDATION THAT MAKES YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS! HERES A LIST OF SOME THAT ARE MY ULTIMATE FAVORITES!

MAC STUDIO TECH-FULL COVERAGE CREAM THAT SETS TO A MATTE FINISH...GREAT FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
MAC HYPER REAL FOUNDATION-LIGHT TO MEDIUM COVERAGE-HAS A SHIMMERY, GLOWY FINISH LIKE A J-LO GLOW...(I USE THIS OFTEN!)ITS FOR OILY SKIN BUT I HAVE DRY SKIN N IT WORKS GREAT!
BESAME FOUNDATION-FULL COVERAGE (I WAS SURPRISED!)ITS ONLY 6 DOLARS ONLINE BESAMECOSMETICS.COM ITS A SMALL JAR THOUGH...BUT IF U DONT LIKE IT IT WAS ONLY 6 BUX.
DIOR SKIN-THAT STUFF IS SO THIN IN ITS CONSISTANCY I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE VERY SHEER, BUT IT HAD A MEDIUM TO FULL COVERAGE-SEMI MATTE FINISH...I LOVED IT...IT DIDNT LOOK HEAVY AT ALL.
ORIGINS-NEXT TO SKIN FOUNDATION-WORKS REALLY WELL...DOESNT SWEAT OFF..DEFINATELY A FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION....BUT AROUND THE EYE AREA AFTER A WHILE IT GETS A BIT CRACKED....SO I USE SUPER HEAVY CREAM AROUND THAT AREA TO PREVENT THAT FROM HAPPENING.

WHATS YOUR FAVORITE FOUNDATION?

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have worked for MAC for several years and never had a blemish until I started using their foundations. I've done everything.... changed my sponges, cleaned my brushes, used different skin care, combinations of everything. Over the past several years you name it I tried it and it came down to one thing.... MAC foundations!
I'm not saying everyone has this issue or it's even common but it can happen. I love MAC and stand behind their products. I still sell foundations to my customers but when they come back because of a break-outs related to the product I don't always think it was because they're hygiene is lacking.
I love using Studio Fix powder for photo shoots. It's a blessing but it is far too heavy for my everyday life. I've used several different brands and I either cannot find my colour or I just haven't fell in love. I have been going through a SERIOUS foundation rut for years & years. So like I said I am looking forward to seeing this discussion so I can get some great suggestions :-)
XoXoX

Rosetta Garcia said:
MaMaJ said:
Do you find that MAC tends to cause you to break out? I've heard this is fairly common.
I WORKED FOR MAC FOR TWO YEARS AND BEFORE THAT WORE MAC FOR TWO YEARS...WHEN I WORKED THERE MY FACE WAS COVERED IN THEIR COSMETICS FROM THEIR SKIN CARE LINE TO THEIR FOUNDATION TO THERE LASHES...I NEVER BROKE OUT NOR DID ANY OF THE GIRLS WHO WORKED THERE, HOWEVER MOST GIRLS THAT I SAW THAT CAME TO THE COUNTER NEVER CHANGED THEIR FOUNDATION PADS OR CLEANED THEIR BRUSHES...AND FOR THE MOST PART NEVER WASHED THEIR FACES AT NIGHT...AND THOSE WERE THE ONES THAT BROKE OUT. I ALWAYS TOLD ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS HOW TO PROPERLY USE THE COSMETICS AND HOW TO BE SANITARY SO THAT BACTERIA WASNT BUILDING UP INTO THE PRODUCT ITSELF....I THINK ILL BLOG ABOUT THAT ALSO...HEHE
I agree with Rosetta Garcia. I've been using mac studio tech and I love it. I just got my make up done by the mac pro store in Las Vegas for a wedding and they used this spray foundation that was awesome. It felt cold as they sprayed it on then after blending it in the foundation felt amazing compared to the studio tech but I can't remember what the foundation is called.
You can always ask for a sample to try before committing to the product :-)
XoXoX

MaMaJ said:
Thank you. This definately makes feel better about spending the money to try it!

Samantha Valentine said:
I have worked for MAC for several years and never had a blemish until I started using their foundations. I've done everything.... changed my sponges, cleaned my brushes, used different skin care, combinations of everything. Over the past several years you name it I tried it and it came down to one thing.... MAC foundations!
I'm not saying everyone has this issue or it's even common but it can happen. I love MAC and stand behind their products. I still sell foundations to my customers but when they come back because of a break-outs related to the product I don't always think it was because they're hygiene is lacking.
I love using Studio Fix powder for photo shoots. It's a blessing but it is far too heavy for my everyday life. I've used several different brands and I either cannot find my colour or I just haven't fell in love. I have been going through a SERIOUS foundation rut for years & years. So like I said I am looking forward to seeing this discussion so I can get some great suggestions :-)
XoXoX

Rosetta Garcia said:
MaMaJ said:
Do you find that MAC tends to cause you to break out? I've heard this is fairly common.
I WORKED FOR MAC FOR TWO YEARS AND BEFORE THAT WORE MAC FOR TWO YEARS...WHEN I WORKED THERE MY FACE WAS COVERED IN THEIR COSMETICS FROM THEIR SKIN CARE LINE TO THEIR FOUNDATION TO THERE LASHES...I NEVER BROKE OUT NOR DID ANY OF THE GIRLS WHO WORKED THERE, HOWEVER MOST GIRLS THAT I SAW THAT CAME TO THE COUNTER NEVER CHANGED THEIR FOUNDATION PADS OR CLEANED THEIR BRUSHES...AND FOR THE MOST PART NEVER WASHED THEIR FACES AT NIGHT...AND THOSE WERE THE ONES THAT BROKE OUT. I ALWAYS TOLD ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS HOW TO PROPERLY USE THE COSMETICS AND HOW TO BE SANITARY SO THAT BACTERIA WASNT BUILDING UP INTO THE PRODUCT ITSELF....I THINK ILL BLOG ABOUT THAT ALSO...HEHE
It was probably Face & Body foundation w/ a mixing medium and air brushed on to the skin. F&B without the airbrush is pretty amazing looking too :-)
XoXoX

.:Lady Duece:. said:
I agree with Rosetta Garcia. I've been using mac studio tech and I love it. I just got my make up done by the mac pro store in Las Vegas for a wedding and they used this spray foundation that was awesome. It felt cold as they sprayed it on then after blending it in the foundation felt amazing compared to the studio tech but I can't remember what the foundation is called.
its called studio mists, they only carry it at MAC stores. it works awesome, it has a light to medium coverage. its actually micronized so that it looks like your wearing nothing.it dries to a semi matte finish.they also had blushes when they first came out, not sure if they still carry those though, they were sooo pretty!
It's been disco'd in stores (they might still have it in Pro). The person really shouldn't have been spraying it directly on the face though (that's why I thought airbrush).... but really those are just silly details I think about cause I work there :-)

Rosetta Garcia said:
its called studio mists, they only carry it at MAC stores. it works awesome, it has a light to medium coverage. its actually micronized so that it looks like your wearing nothing.it dries to a semi matte finish.they also had blushes when they first came out, not sure if they still carry those though, they were sooo pretty!
my sister has really sensitive skin, i had her try origins foundations and bare minerals. she actually couldnt do the bare minerals, i think it might have been the mica(the little particals that make it shimmer) that irritated her skin.she does better with origins. they claim to not use these ingredients in their cosmetics-Phthalates, Petroleum, Paraffin, dyes, mineral oil, the chemical sunscreen PABA and Animal Ingredients (except cruelty-free honey and beeswax.) And Origins tests its products on volunteer panels*.so its good for all you animal lovers. they also do not use synthetic fragrances in their products.

Samantha Valentine said:
XoXoX

Rosetta Garcia said:
MaMaJ said:
my skin is the same way. i dont know what it is, no matter how much i wash that foundation off my face, i still break out. i use MAC for everything else, but for whatever reason, their foundation kills me. You should try Bare Escentuals. I've been using that for a while now and my skin looks great. its a loose powder that you buff on so you can control your coverage. i still get the occasional PMS blemish and it covers them very well without looking cakey. they also have a "mineral veil" which is great for people with oily skin. you can touch up with that throughout the day and it absorbs the oil without adding more makeup to your face.

also, they sell a kabuki brush that they recommend using for application, but it kinda sucks. i would get the Bobbie Brwon one. its a little expensive (i think about $40), but it lasts forever if you clean it and take care of it. My pet peeve is when the little bristles break off and stick all over your face and the Bobbie brush doesnt do that at all.

Samantha Valentine said:
XoXoX

Rosetta Garcia said:
MaMaJ said:
My make up artist didn't spray the mist directly on my face. He sprayed it on the brush and it made my skin look flawless I loved it.

Samantha Valentine said:
It's been disco'd in stores (they might still have it in Pro). The person really shouldn't have been spraying it directly on the face though (that's why I thought airbrush).... but really those are just silly details I think about cause I work there :-)

Rosetta Garcia said:
Hi Samantha Valentine :) You may simply be breaking out from the Mac foundation because you are either sensitive or allergic to one or more ingredients in the product. I am a make-up artist & esthetician & am also very interested & love to study ingredients. I have a lot of experience with allergies & intolerances. Having to live with them myself has motivated me to study the make up of products...skin care & makeup. If you keep braking out from something, that is just a sign your body is giving you that your body cannot tolerate it. The skin is our largest organ & reflects our health, so rashes, dermatitis, eczema, acne, etc. are all signs of something that is going on internally. See...I'm very passionate about this..lol! & I love to help & give advice if I can! Have you ever tried Trish McKevoy or Laura Mercier foundations? I love both of those lines! Or how about Colorscience...a mineral make-up line, created by the lady who INVENTED mineral make-up in 1976...she was originally a geologist. It doesn't work for photo shoots because it's VERY light reflective, but s it may work for you as a daytime make-up. Many of my clients are in love with it. Personally it's too light-reflective for me because I like using matte foundations & adding my own pearl cream, highlighting powder or bronzer if I desire. Hope this helps :)
definately studio mists then...and actually between artists we tried spraying the studio mists when they came out directly onto the skin...gave a full coverage...of course the girls skin color was a very light color and we used the darkest tone we had to make her look a different ethnicity, it was awesome!lol
My make up artist didn't spray the mist directly on my face. He sprayed it on the brush and it made my skin look flawless I loved it.

Samantha Valentine said:

Rosetta Garcia said:
HAHA yes! too funny haha

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
Daddy Cool said:

Thank you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!