Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Can we compile a list of our favorite old movies - clips would be great too! See I'm a bit of an old movie addict and I fear I've run out of old movies to watch and it's not that I don't also love new flicks but there's just nothing like snuggling down on the couch and watching the old stuff. Any Genre and any film pre 1970.

My list is really long so if you want it I'll send it to you via PL e-mail I'd love to share it too but I don't want to clog up the boards and this is also more about hearing from you guys in hopes of hearing of a movie I haven't yet heard of!!
Thanks for sharing.
xo Mimi

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keep Your Powder Dry is a good one. All about women in the WAC. And I love anything with Jayne Mansfield, I'll watch her any time. All time fav though is Gentlemen Prefer Blonds, can't beat Marilyn and Jane.
I thought about AG, but it was released in ’73 even though it's set in ’62. I had a crush on John Milner when I was 5 years old! Some things never change. :D

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
Cat on a hot tin roof.
American Graffiti, is that old enough?
I was just turned on to this movie recently, and it calls to my twisted surreal side.

"The Five-Thousand Fingers of Dr. T. Released July 1953

Taken from IMDB.COM, "Bart has only one enemy in the world: his piano teacher Dr. Terwilliker. Dr. T has a mad plan to force 500 young boys to practice at his magnificent piano 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bart is the only hope to save these boys from being enslaved. Fantastic sets, screenplay, and even song lyrics were provided by Dr. Seuss. Features the only piano academy ever known to be equipped with cells and surrounded by an electric fence.

That was one of my favorite movies as a kid, and until the advent of IMDb, I couldn't convince anyone that it was real!

Raven Foxx said:
I was just turned on to this movie recently, and it calls to my twisted surreal side.

"The Five-Thousand Fingers of Dr. T. Released July 1953

Taken from IMDB.COM, "Bart has only one enemy in the world: his piano teacher Dr. Terwilliker. Dr. T has a mad plan to force 500 young boys to practice at his magnificent piano 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bart is the only hope to save these boys from being enslaved. Fantastic sets, screenplay, and even song lyrics were provided by Dr. Seuss. Features the only piano academy ever known to be equipped with cells and surrounded by an electric fence.

oooh this sounds good, i havnt seen it! but i will.
pin_up_pixie said:
Keep Your Powder Dry is a good one. All about women in the WAC. And I love anything with Jayne Mansfield, I'll watch her any time. All time fav though is Gentlemen Prefer Blonds, can't beat Marilyn and Jane.
Oh Yay Wizard of Oz!!
Just got the new Peter Gunn Box Set. Now Peter Gunn was a TV Show- but talk about great story lines, campy (yet convincing) acting and incredible music (Henry Mancini). A must have for anyone into nostalgic Film & TV.
well lets see here let me think.....

then there were none
the bachlor and the bobbysocker
fast and the furious
mr. and ms. smith
scarface
the girl in the invisable bikkini
the ghost of dragstrip hallow
hot rod girl
hud
a long hot summer
anchors away
swing time
abbot and castello meet frankinstines monster

umm anything with bogart, gregory peck, audry hepburn, and any of the classic horror movies dracula, frankinstine, wolf man, the crature from the black lagoon, the mummy, the invisable man and anything with carry grant.
Some of my favourite old films include:

"Some Like it Hot" - Ranked as one of the best comedies in film history
"All About Eve" - Bettie Davis! And one of Monroe's first film appearances
"Funny Face" - Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire
"Sabrina" - Audrey and Bogey
"Breakfast At Tiffanys" - a great Romantic comedy
"Gentlemen Prefer Blonds"

If you understand a bit of French there's films starring Brigette Bardot...for some reason European French is easier to understand then Quebecois (Canadian French). Or if you want Italian there's Fellini's films like "La Dolce Vita" (still need to see this!) and any film with Sofia Loren.
Hope that helps..ciao bella! : P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service