Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I have several friends posting this online elsewhere, and I enjoyed it, so I thought I'd post here for all of you to enjoy as well. I know plenty of this can relate! Sorry if it's already been posted. Just click the link below for the blog. :)

Tattoo Etiquette 101 -- How To Appreciate My Body Art Without Makin...

Views: 1029

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The touching, grabbing, thing may be a girl problem, I can't recall seeing it happen with fellas. Certainly not to me that I recall

I don't mind the compliments, or even silly conversations (because I talk alot so conversation is all good with me). what I mind is being touched by strangers, as if the fact that I have tattoos somehow relieves me of all rights to personal space. My arm does get a lot of attention (no I don't have any pics on my computer anymore) and I understand people will look. But when people, total strangers, invade your personal space, especially when you are with your children trying to just buy your groceries, it can be a little unnerving. I know some gals will relate to this, it's like when you're pregnant and people you've never met feel free to tell you that you're huge, while they rub your belly. Um PERSONAL SPACE! Compliments are fine, just please don't touch!

Kustomkarma said:

It can be a touchy situation. Sometimes I see a really great piece and complement the owner. I try to be respectful and careful about how I word it, but sometimes I get the feeling they are a little creeped out or would rather I didn't comment at all. Do you guys and gals like the complements or would you rather be left alone? 

Oh another thing I have experienced is with the Elvis on my calf. If I am wearing capri pants you can only see the bottom half of him. I have had men who were behind me in a grocery line bend down and pull my pant leg up to see it. Since I am pretty short, they usually have their heads right next to my butt when this happens. AWKWARD!

Amen, hallelujah, where have you been for the last five years since I started getting inked? I don't usually mind if people ask about them if I'm.wearing an outfit that shows some of them off. But it tends to lead to "do you have any more?". Yes, I have on my back and no, I'm not lifting my shirt in the middle of the office to show you. WTH? And I don't get the need for people to touch them. After getting the angel on my left arm, my boss asked if she could touch it. Since it was still in the incredibly itchy phase, I was in the middle of politely saying "please don't" when she reached over and started rubbing it. Again I ask, WTH? They are not scratch and sniff stickers. Anywho... thank you for this.

Stupid Question #1 Do they hurt? Duh. "One needle at the doctors, does that hurt? What do you think 1000 times a minute feels like?"

I simply loved this post... Here in Brazil is amazing how people frown at me about my tattoos... Some weeks ago I was with my mother on a bus and an old guy was looking at me... I swear I almost said to him "Look... You see this woman sitting next to you? She's my mother... And she's the only one who can look at me like that!" Those people are ridiculous!

everything that the article said and i also hate when people ask me how much mine cost....ugh.

I tell them it's like being kissed by butterflies. :P

Camel said:

Stupid Question #1 Do they hurt? Duh. "One needle at the doctors, does that hurt? What do you think 1000 times a minute feels like?"

I show mine almost every day (just not when it's really cold), and I like people commenting on them. I don't really get bad comments, people seem to love them. I think they are great conversation starters, and have helped me meet some very nice people.

Kustomkarma said:

It can be a touchy situation. Sometimes I see a really great piece and complement the owner. I try to be respectful and careful about how I word it, but sometimes I get the feeling they are a little creeped out or would rather I didn't comment at all. Do you guys and gals like the complements or would you rather be left alone? 

Yes I can relate to this and it really creeps me out. The main area I get this though is not tattoos. I have very long fingernails...at one point I grew my left thumb nail to over 4 inches long and it curled back on its self. They don't bother me in any way and there is nothing I am unable to do because of them. They happen to be very strong and very fast growing and much like my hair I just let them do their own thing for years.

I worked in retail and customers might comment on them, which was to be expected and not too bad most of the time. But it was the ones who made stupid comments and thought it was hilarious to ask me stuff like how did I pick my nose/wipe my arse/get dressed (do you see me standing here naked?) They just watched me use a manual cash register, bag up their items etc but they still think I must be unable to function properly. Then there is the ones who just grab at my hands and demand to examine them and can't see why I don't like that! sometimes they even hurt me twisting my hands this way and that.

I could never help thinking that they wouldn't dare pull that crap if instead of 'extended' fingers I had parts missing? It's the same with tattoos ....if it was a birth mark or a scar or a burn they wouldn't behave that way. But they think that because you have chosen to look that way that you did it to get their attention. That you intent was to be reduced to a thing without rights to personal space, privacy, respect or a will of your own.

I am quite a shy private person, I just happen to have a sometimes unusual sense of style. It doesn't mean I want to be groped by strangers. And I should not have to change to avoid it.

Yes people who are different by choice do have to expect to be treated differently by allot of people, we shouldn't have to but it would be naive not to expect it, but invading personal space, being insulting or aggressive is never acceptable .

I was often too polite. I think these people should just be told when they cross the line and if it upsets them then that's their own fault not ours.

Thank you for sending this to me... I agree.. but me being a male I do not get all the same things as a female...plus I am 6'3 so that might help... BUT.. what happens to me... it for some reason.. its ALWAYS when I am sitting down eating a woman will walk up to me with her child and ask to "see it" or ask about it... i have a full sleeve of superman type stuff ..and i can see the pull for little boys.. BUT I AM EATING!!?? really... just gets under my skin.. (hah get it?.. skin"

I'm am, as of this moment, about 70% tattooed. I am extremely lucky to be married to an awesome tattoo artist. I love to show off my tatts. I love when people want to see them. I am very shocked when they seem scared to ask if they can look at my tattooes because some people get really upset when asked that question...then why the hell do they have them?? I have tatts for myself & to show off my personality through ink (tattooes) to other people. I DO NOT like when people automatically touch me. I'm NOT a touchy, feely kinda person. I love this article so much I re-posted it to my fb.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service