Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I have several friends posting this online elsewhere, and I enjoyed it, so I thought I'd post here for all of you to enjoy as well. I know plenty of this can relate! Sorry if it's already been posted. Just click the link below for the blog. :)

Tattoo Etiquette 101 -- How To Appreciate My Body Art Without Makin...

Views: 1029

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this article was great! I hate when people think they have a right to touch you just because you have tattoos. People on a regular basis grab me by the arm to "examine" my tattoos and it makes me really uncomfortable. Don't invade the bubble!!

It happens to me quite a bit. I know folks who would say if I didn't want the attention I should not have gotten this big colorful sleeve. But I didn't get it so other people could grope me ya know.

My biggest problem isn't with adults, it's with kids. Not that I mind, but little kids love my tattoos. I've had people hand me their baby's, and then the baby tries to EAT my cupcake tattoos! I love kids, but sometimes I have the "where have your hands been" moment and freak out a bit. It happens at Disneyland all the time! Nothing as awkward as a little boy showing his daddy my leg seams by running his hand up them. I guess it's better then the dad doing it though. LOL

LOL Roxy I have never had THAT happen. I bet that is pretty awkward!

Omigosh!!  This just happened to me on holidays in Maui this year!!  I was hanging out in the hot tub with my son when a little boy (about 3yrs old) swam over to us and started mauling my chest piece!! AWKWARD!!  I didn't know where his parents were and I gently pried his hands off my body and convinced my son that we should go hang out on the patio chairs with dad....I like kids, too and he was really cute, but I was a bit shocked :) lol  

Roxy Tart {Madam/Community Mgr} said:

My biggest problem isn't with adults, it's with kids. Not that I mind, but little kids love my tattoos. I've had people hand me their baby's, and then the baby tries to EAT my cupcake tattoos! I love kids, but sometimes I have the "where have your hands been" moment and freak out a bit. It happens at Disneyland all the time! Nothing as awkward as a little boy showing his daddy my leg seams by running his hand up them. I guess it's better then the dad doing it though. LOL

leave the bubble alone....yes!!!!

Kaytee said:

this article was great! I hate when people think they have a right to touch you just because you have tattoos. People on a regular basis grab me by the arm to "examine" my tattoos and it makes me really uncomfortable. Don't invade the bubble!!

Mine is hidden under my sleeve, but it seems like people who know about her always want me to show other people. I usually do, but sometimes I feel kinda like a sideshow attraction. It's particularly irritating when people make me show them, then react with "oh that's nice..."

I did it for me not you!

I had a funny experiance once when celebrating the end of the Australian Football Season with my local Reserve grade team, (not excactly champions, but community based) I was a sponser of the club, any way at the 'celebration' at the local bar, at one point someone yelled out "bluey hour" next thing everyones is striping down to singlet tops, bloke beside me asked me if I had a 'bluey on' I replied mines black, ahh close enough. So of comes my shirt , in three years of contact with the club, as I am well past my football prime no one had seen my arms. "Hey look at Camel He's covered in Tattoos" after their shock a marker pen was aquired from the Bar and everyone ended up with black marker "tattoos".

Funny day with a bunch of good old boys, but their initial shock LMFAO.

I so relate to this. If I wear a t-shirt that rides up when I stretch, I'll have people come up to me and lift is up (FAR) to look at my stomach. Uncomfortable! 

It can be a touchy situation. Sometimes I see a really great piece and complement the owner. I try to be respectful and careful about how I word it, but sometimes I get the feeling they are a little creeped out or would rather I didn't comment at all. Do you guys and gals like the complements or would you rather be left alone? 

Personally I rarely show them but not because of embaresement, just my choise of shirt and the Aussie sun really does damage to the skin. I have tats twenty years old that look only 1 or 2 years this is due to the lack of exposure to the sun I am told. Not that it matters there is a story behind each one, a memory of the time, a memory the tat was put there for in the first place, a statement, (s*** that makes me realise how old some of them are, I hate that) 28 years back to the first, time marches on.

Great article and spot on! At my place of employment they do not have a tattoo policy and we wear t-shirts a lot promoting the latest greatest thing going on. I am dealing with people all day and they can clearly see all of my tattoos. A lot don't say anything, some just look or stare, a lot ask me about them, some want to start a debate, but a surprising amount of people think it's okay to reach out and touch and/or grab a complete stranger! One guy even grabbed my arm a little too hard and was hurting me! I almost had to call security! Since I've worked there for a little while now I am getting used to it and can tell when people are about to touch/grab me, lol! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service