Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I have several friends posting this online elsewhere, and I enjoyed it, so I thought I'd post here for all of you to enjoy as well. I know plenty of this can relate! Sorry if it's already been posted. Just click the link below for the blog. :)

Tattoo Etiquette 101 -- How To Appreciate My Body Art Without Makin...

Views: 1029

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

nice article , for real, its not ok to bombard peeps like that

o.O Yikes that's not okay! Why do people have to be so creepy?! 

@Lily Elliot I also have that problem with my nails, it's so obnoxious. People ask me if their fake, how much it cost to get my acrylics...My nails are real! T.T They poke them and squeeze them to see how strong they are. Eww people, that's not okay! T.T

You know I think that they probably don't mean to be creepy, at least most people don't mean to be. I think that seeing tattoos, especially on women, is fascinating to them. And probably some of them really think that we don't mind being touched or questioned, because they honestly believe that getting attention is the reason people get tattooed. Of course there are people who are total BEEP-holes, I once had a guy come through my line at a job and say "So did you those in prison, or in rehab?" Yeah ok jerkwad.... but honestly though I think most people don't mean any harm, they are just curious and get carried away.

Cotton Candy Gonsalves said:

Yes We know that for the most part people do not mean to be  creepy, but that is kind of the point isn't it? The assumption (or the no thought at all) that just because our tastes differ to them so do our rights to privacy, personal space, respect.....Asking polite questions is one thing but it is never OK to put your hands on people without their consent no matter how interesting they find them. If  they do get carried away and touch without permission they have no right to be annoyed when you ask them to back off but they still do!!! we are the bad guys. That's what the problem is as far as I see it. Like the way people say that anyone who goes into performing arts an ends up famous has given up any right to a life outside of their work, and even their children and family members are fair game. I don't agree with that either.

Everyone no matter what their lifestyle choices have basic rights and one of them is the right to decide who gets to be up close and personal.

That guy who said that to you was an ass

Buttercup Clothing said:

You know I think that they probably don't mean to be creepy, at least most people don't mean to be. I think that seeing tattoos, especially on women, is fascinating to them. And probably some of them really think that we don't mind being touched or questioned, because they honestly believe that getting attention is the reason people get tattooed. Of course there are people who are total BEEP-holes, I once had a guy come through my line at a job and say "So did you those in prison, or in rehab?" Yeah ok jerkwad.... but honestly though I think most people don't mean any harm, they are just curious and get carried away.

Cotton Candy Gonsalves said:

True... true.

Really liked this article, had a doctor once who was inserting a coil into my vagina spend the whole 5 mins she was up there telling me that i shouldnt have tattoos on my feet coz i cant hide them...I was like what the f*** if i wanted to hide them i wouldnt have them, i happen to LOVE them!!

Um but you could hide tattoos on your feet very easily. They have this new thing called shoes! haha

Actually had them on my feet coz thats the part of my body i always show :/

Buttercup Clothing said:

Um but you could hide tattoos on your feet very easily. They have this new thing called shoes! haha

Understood. I'm just saying that was silly of the doctor to say. Depending on one's taste in shoes, the foot could easily be covered, ya know. ;) Even if it wasn't a place that could be easily covered, no one's business to say but you.

MandaJane said:

Actually had them on my feet coz thats the part of my body i always show :/

Buttercup Clothing said:

lol yeah, i live in dolly shoes, wedges, heels etc that show off the whole area of both feet i have tattooed by the time im 50 i think il be covered i think their beautiful :)

(A bit late to the party) Great article! I haven't had many odd encounters with people... mostly comments on how it's cute or "what does it mean?" I have a cupcake with a wooden spoon and whisk "cross bones"... some people just need it drawn out for them. ;) 

The only problem I have had is from my Dad. He isn't a fan and always jokes that there's dirt and tries to rub off the tattoos on my arm & upper back. It's a family joke but has been known to rub me the wrong way. :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service