Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin, unless you're from the area you're probably thinking, "Where?" I found an unpaid photo shoot going on in Chicago and was more then ready to get another photo opportunity underway. The photographer didn't offer many details so I asked for more, he then snubbed me. I've been trying to get a hold of him but he continues to ignore my messages. It just frustrates me! There are never enough opportunities in my area, or I'm just not looking in the right place. Most photographers in this area will refuse to pay you or want you to get naked before they talk cash. I am having an extremely hard time finding a shoot in my area, and I'm willing to do it for free!! (as long as I get the photos in return) Chicago doesn't seem to have a strong pin up scean, but i think thats not true! I've been to the chicago starlets burlesque show and i saw the retro vixens walking around. WHERE HAS ALL THE PIN UP GONE!?
I'm sorry, this was more of a rant. Im just wondering if anyone else has/had these problems and how you overcame them.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm up the road in Racine and honestly I've not found a lot of pinup in the area in general
I've been trying to talk my wife into doing pinup as a photographer for a while and my daughter is on the fringe
She likes the pinup look and tries to emulate it in her own way, and plans on doing a few sets herself over the summer...

but that being said, there are a couple of photographers in Milwaukee one MUAH girl I've met in Milwaukee as well.. and that is about it in the general area.

well there is me but I just run a lil pinup website ;)

of course someone may pipe in and prove me wrong.. and hell I hope someone does

John

PS: Go-Go Amy and her show are coming to town pretty soon and there is a burlesque troop in Milwaukee called The Alley Cat Revue
just peek at your stuff online.. you should hook up with my daughter
she's only a little younger than you are

you can commiserate together
I know exactly how you feel I live in southwest wisconsin and there is absolutely no pinup scene here either! I've been looking for a photographer in the area and I got nothin....
Hahaha, this must be a worldwide thing. I've only ever found one photographer in the general London area. All these girls come out of the woodwork when there's a vintage fair on, after that they all seem to go back to dressing non-vintage.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service