Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I can't get it down..It never turns out right..Does anyone have any tips for me..I do 90% of the hair and makeup on my shoots..Everytime I get a gal with short hair I have no idea how to do it..I curl it, but if there isn't much hair what do you do?! I've tried using hats to spice it up, but I don't want my ladies to have bad hair..

Views: 3077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

good topic. i just cut my hair shorter and am trying to figure out what i can do other than bandanas and leaving it down normal. Ive tried Pin curls before but i sucked at them. maybe gotta get into that whole "practice makes perfect" mode. I say look into learning pin curls for your girls.
I've always liked Betty Boop's short hair with that cute pin curl look. It seems to work even on the shortest hair unless it's a buzz cut!

You can post a picture in the lounge and Rob can help you out...he is amazing!!! I have short hair too, and I am learning so much from the lounge.

Betty Red said:
Do it! You'll learn SO much!!!!

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
Pin Curls, are super fun and super easy. They can brushed out into many styles. They're perfect for short hair. Hmm... perhaps you want to check into the Pin-ups Hair Design Cosmo Lounge for a lesson or two!

they don't always work for the look I am going for, but I plan on it.

Roxi Dlite said:
Learn how to do finger waves.
Well, a lot of the time I get tons of layers or very damaged hair..Marilyn would be a dream!!!

Sweet 'N' Dandy said:
Barrel curl's are cute. The easiest way I can explain it is a pin curl that is standing up on the base. When I had very short hair I would do them with some stiff hairspray and a curling iron.You can brush them out a little after. Think kind Marilyn Monroe esque.
http://www.orsonwelles.co.uk/Marilyn%20Monroe.jpg

Barrel curls are fun and easy as well. They're basically like using rollers, but um... without the rollers! There's a video example of a style I did on Cassie Wanda using barrel curls and pin curls in the Subscriber Area of the Cosmo Lounge, along with many others. Subscribe this month and become a Charter Member at a reduced price! ~R~
Thank you! Will do!

Angie said:
You can post a picture in the lounge and Rob can help you out...he is amazing!!! I have short hair too, and I am learning so much from the lounge.

Betty Red said:
Do it! You'll learn SO much!!!!

Pin Curls, are super fun and super easy. They can brushed out into many styles. They're perfect for short hair. Hmm... perhaps you want to check into the Pin-ups Hair Design Cosmo Lounge for a lesson or two!

Oh I could rock her hair out..I'm talking damages or layered hair, to the point of having some of it being 1 inch off the head..

MissVhaven said:
Hey Missy!
I think Doris Mayday works her short hair fabulously... she usually does one big roll in the frong and the rest is curled with a bug curling iron... She works the look without it aging her.
Hope that helps!!! BTW___ The half wigs are great.. I am NOW a believer! Thanks!
V
falls work nicely. clipping them in like a pony tail after slicking the hair back, sometimes bumping it at the top, can be a nice casual look. i also like fingerwaves for short hair. i still need to do my hair like that for a shoot.

otherwise, wigs and extensions can be loads of fun and show off a model's diversity!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service