Advertise on PinupLifestyle

"I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer. I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time. I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important. I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."- Bettie Page 1923-2008

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997269.html?categoryId=25&...

Bettie Page dies at 85

Bettie Page, the legendary 1950s pin-up queen with a shoulder-length pageboy hairdo and kitschy bangs whose saucy photos helped usher in the sexual revolution of the 1960s, has died, the L.A Times is reporting. She was 85.
She suffered a heart attack one week ago and never regained consciousness.

Page, whose later life was marked by depression, violent mood swings and several years in a state mental institution, died at a Los Angeles hospital where she had been on life support since she had a heart attack on Dec. 2, according to her agent, Mark Roesler.

Her popularity as an underground, guilty pleasures phenomenon has continued to soar despite the fact that the reclusive Page disappeared almost a half century ago. A cult-culture figure, Page was most famous for the estimated 20,000 4-by-5-inch black-and-white glossy photographs taken by amateur shutterbugs from 1949 and to 1957.

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, this is so sad. She was so wonderful. Everything happens for a reason.

RIP Bettie Page.
A very sad time has been slightly brightend by all the wondeful tributes here. She was loved by many !

RIP Bettie
You inspired generations beautiful. You will be missed and NEVER forgotten!
There has been a request circulating to post this banner as your profile today in remembrance of betty page.

it is sad that she is gone, but what a legacy she left. Most of my friends here have been impacted by her in some way. Cutting your "Betty Page" bangs, dating a girl with "Betty Page" bangs, doing a betty photoshoot, whatever.

So in her memory please post this banner as your default.

just right click on the image and do save as, then upload that saved image to your myspace photos and set it as your default.

And to repost this, just hit reply, then copy the entire contents and repost it in your own bulletin (remember if you dont hit reply first you will not get the image)

lets all so this for the weekend instead of just one day.
SO sad... ='/ Rest in peace bettie
God Bless You, Bettie...you'll live on in our hearts always
It truly is sad that she has left us, and although I only read a few comments Ket's was heartfelt. I dont usually tear up on things like this, but Kat could not have put it any better. Rest in peace Bettie.

Kat (the Leopardess) said:
I just saw this about 20 mins ago and thought to write a journal about it. Looks like this forum post beat me to it.

I know I probably am model #984283888492974729 to say this but honestly she was an inspiration. Yeah, maybe I never wanted ot look like her (plenty of pinup models already have emulated her look), but she still inspired me on how to interact when in front of the camera. Despite all the influences that told me what real beauty was and how much I needed to look unavailable, I have always just been me on camera. Bettie showed us how thats done.

Goodbye, Bettie. No matter how much you wanted people to remember you for what you looked like when you were young, you were still a beauty regardless. Hope now you know that, wherever you are.
I got woken to a text about her passing this morning and I was blown away. As I got ready for my day, just thinking about how much she has influenced by life, my style, sheesh my hair of course I grew more and more sad. I really think it was absolute blessing that she, unlike many icons of the 20th century, actually lived to see her fame, her legacy continued and the adoration of her fans. Her life was a hard one and I think in heaven she has finally been reunited with the Lord that she loved and she can be the free spirit that she was on this earth and then some.

She will live on through all of us, models, photographer and pinup/rockabilly fans. We will continue, I hope, to do her legacy justice and appreciate that she started it all. We will all miss her and I know where she is right now she still feels loved by all of us. She was an amazing woman.
She will always live in my heart forever!
xox
<3
Francesica
She was truly the ultimate pinup queen. I've always admired her for proving that nudity is not "sinful" and bringing modeling to a whole new level. RIP Bettie Page
what an icon!!! she will be missed but her work will forever live on as one of the greatest and most memorable models ever
We will never forget you Bettie! You've been such an inspiration.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service