Advertise on PinupLifestyle
The book post by Cherri Bomb got me thinking about how so many awesome slang terms came out of the 50's, so I think we should bring some of them back.

So I give you the

RETRO WORD OF THE DAY

try to use these words in your vocabulary today!

*Square- A regular, normal person. A conformist.*

One last thing, if you add a word (and please do) put them inside **, that way people can find them at a glance. Thanks!

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it was on several lists of retro slag online, but you know the internet . . .
Hmmm....where I'm from, the modern meaning of "Jacked up" is " F*cked Up, as in, "his car was so jacked up after he got into that wreck." I've also heard it used to describe someone who is pissed off, as in, " She was so jacked after she caught her b/f cheating on her."

My... how times have changed. Of course, slang is also regional, so I guess it all depends where you are from, lol.

Chop & Go {PLA} said:
*jacked up= a street machine that is higher in the back than front*
these days it may mean, excited?
Really? I had no idea about "That sucks" referring to canal water! Weird. And yes, it is interesting how things and terminology have changed!

Chop & Go {PLA} said:
that's like 'gay' used to mean happy. 'that sucks' used to refer to canal water. yes, how things change but some stay the same.

Nyxon said:
Hmmm....where I'm from, the modern meaning of "Jacked up" is " F*cked Up, as in, "his car was so jacked up after he got into that wreck." I've also heard it used to describe someone who is pissed off, as in, " She was so jacked after she caught her b/f cheating on her."

My... how times have changed. Of course, slang is also regional, so I guess it all depends where you are from, lol.

Chop & Go {PLA} said:
*jacked up= a street machine that is higher in the back than front*
these days it may mean, excited?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends: