Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So here is the situation.

I had a designer contact me on myspace and told me he wanted me to model some of his clothes for a shoot. He wanted to contact me to discuss this. I checked out his page and the clothes were ok. Defenitely interesting, but not bad and not really my style. told him I was going on vacation (VIVA) and I would talk to him when I get back. He insisted that we talk before I go. I agreed and we spoke. He aplogised for being so assertive because he was worried I was going to flake on him. I totally understand cuz I hate to be flaked on, but it happens......
So, he wanted to pay me for a days shoot and was willing to fly me to Toronto. I said it sounded cool, but I had to get a passport and find someone to come with me (I'm not about to go do this alone....i only knew so much about him and it was a big trip.) We agreed to touch base when I got back.
Well while I was in VIVA he sent me text messages asking about the trip and if I could look and his site for new designs up. I sent a text saying I was still on vacation and didn't have axcess to a computer and would look at it when I got back and would talk to him them. (I mean come on I AM ON VACATION...) Well I got sick on the trip and lost my voice. I sent him a text when I got back and said I was home, but I could not talk (It was true I seriously couldn't talk for two days!) I told him I would let him know when I had a voice again.

Now I work about 50 hours a week if not more. If you really want to talk to me and have my undivided attention, talk to me on a weekend!!! (This was all said when we talked before VIVA. I don't BS people)

So everyday he kept texting me, 'Can we talk today' I told him no, I would let him know in a day or so. Well tonight I had to go to my BF's mom's B-day dinner. He text me again asking if we could talk and I said Friday (the weekend) cuz I have this birthday thing. I had a meeting at work and he texted me atleast 3 times while I was in that meeting and called me once. The last text said that I was trying his patience or something. I called him and he didn't pick up so I left him a message. I said I am passing on the idea, because I didn't have time for this. I mean there is a difference between being assertive and being pushy and creepy. So he text me back calling me a flake and told me I was in his flake book and that I was a b**** and to piss off. What a psycho!

This isn't life or death people!!!

I understand wanting to get things squared a way but there is a right way and a wrong way.

You can ask any photographer I have worked with I AM NO FLAKE!!!!

So, was I wrong? He really creeped me out! If any of you get approached by 'Now..That's Hoochie & Couture Bchez!' on myspace or K.E Matt-Thompson BEWARE!!!

Oh yeah, this is my first a****** canadian.....I didn't think they existed?? Canadians are always so sweet. :(

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I seriously think he wasn't legit...i mean, it would cost less for a good makeup photographer to make a model in toronto (which is already flooded with models) look like you than it would to fly you up there...
I'm glad you decided to pass. he sounds like a real a****** and now I can sleep better at night.
i, of course, mean good makeup artist...blah
Sweet guys dont name businesses : "Now..That's Hoochie & Couture Bchez!" S***, smart guys wouldn't either, there are 2 clues.

You did the right thing, and an even better thing sharing your story here. Ladies beware, dont jump on free shoot opportunities just because its free photos. A photographer going above and beyond by flying you places, driving you places, driving or flying crazy distances to to get you in front of his lens is a bit GWC and very creeper-like. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE. look out for yourself first, then look at the quality of the work, then look at what the photos are FOR. Does the need for the photos match up with the effort put in to meet with you or talk to you or get your personal cell #?

Ladies I've heard way too many creepy GWC stories...seriously, stop giving away your private numbers and emails etc. Network on a site like PL that lets you communicate without personal information getting passed along. Messages forward to your email AND you can COMPLETELY BLOCK communication from people if you get a bad vibe.

BE SMART!
damn
aww i'm sorry he made you feel like there are a****** canadians in the world but unfortunatly there are a few... i think you are completely right to warn others! WAY TO GO SISTER!
I second DCs post. lol Dude thats creeper status. No bueno. At least ur smart and saw the 'red flags'. And at least you didnt go and you're ok!

Take care,

J Bird
Daddy Cool {PL} said:
Sweet guys dont name businesses : "Now..That's Hoochie & Couture Bchez!" S***, smart guys wouldn't either, there are 2 clues.

You did the right thing, and an even better thing sharing your story here. Ladies beware, dont jump on free shoot opportunities just because its free photos. A photographer going above and beyond by flying you places, driving you places, driving or flying crazy distances to to get you in front of his lens is a bit GWC and very creeper-like. DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE. look out for yourself first, then look at the quality of the work, then look at what the photos are FOR. Does the need for the photos match up with the effort put in to meet with you or talk to you or get your personal cell #?

Ladies I've heard way too many creepy GWC stories...seriously, stop giving away your private numbers and emails etc. Network on a site like PL that lets you communicate without personal information getting passed along. Messages forward to your email AND you can COMPLETELY BLOCK communication from people if you get a bad vibe.

BE SMART!

Yeah I just though he was bad at giving his designs a name! LOL

This is the first time I have ever dealt with a person outside of pin up work!
I just really wanted to let everyone know so no one else was harassed. He seemed really adamant about having a Pin Up in his designs!! So warn your friends gals!

I have definitely learned my lesson.
Thanks guys for the support!
xoxoxo
Devil Kitten
As if the AWFUL name wasn't enough, another danger sign: The only online presence I can find for this guy is a MySpace page, and that is set to private. Not exactly a great way to promote your clothing designs, dude.
Wow-zers Major Creep Status! Im glad you didnt go!
Wink Holliday said:
As if the AWFUL name wasn't enough, another danger sign: The only online presence I can find for this guy is a MySpace page, and that is set to private. Not exactly a great way to promote your clothing designs, dude.

Yeah I had no time before VIVA to take a look to see how legit he was and when I got back it didn't take him long to show his true colors......
WTF!!! I had the same thing happen to me!!! except I'm the designer and the creep wanted to borrow my clothes for a shoot!! I had made arragement to meet him at 7pm, but for some reason he insisted on meeting me at 5pm! Long story short i told him i'm working BUT I'll see what i can do(like leave early from work) but will definatley be able to meet at 7pm....we'll the day comes i'm nowhere near my atelier so i text him...nope can't make it before 7pm. He sends me back a REALLY nasty message saying HE HAS DINNER PLANS AT 7pm . He Insults me saying I'm Screwing up his plans and that I should be willing to missed paid work to please him! That it's an opportunity i cant miss! (I saw his photos, I really was doing him a favor lol, and Mind you I'm already willing to lend my clothes for his stupid shoot for FREE!

Anyways 7pm comes i'm at my workshop working and the Creep Start phoning me every 15mins!! He hangs up after 3 rings and refused to leave me a voicemail. by 9pm he starts blocking his I.d.! so I cant tell he's phoning!!!
CREEPY!!
DC Is Totally right!! Stick to the net!! I've never had a problem co-ordinating shoots or meeting models thru the net. I protects me personnally and is also public! And very easy to weed out the creepy losers!
Daddy Cool {PL} said:

BE SMART!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service