Advertise on PinupLifestyle
here's a guacamole dip that is soooo awesome, and a new recipe I am going to try this year. Krispy Kreme bread pudding! LOL!!

Guacamole Recipe

Shopping Note: A ripe avocado will have about the firmness of an orange. As soft as a ripe peach would be too soft. If any of the avocado surface is concave or wrinkled, it’s probably too ripe.

Quantities of all ingredients are given per avocado. Using 4 to 5 avocados will make enough guac for a bag of chips. I like chunky guacamole, so when using a food processor I’m careful to only run it in short bursts. Garlic is an exception; the finer it is chopped the better. So I put the garlic in the food processor first and chop it fine, then add coarsely chopped red onion and apply short pulses until the onion is the size I want, then remove both from the processor. Then I do the coarsely chopped bell peppers, also in short bursts. Any of these ingredients can overpower the avocado flavor, so stay towards the low end of the range when making it for the first time.

Garlic - About 1/2 to 1 clove per avocado.
Red Onion - About 1/4 to 1/2 of a 1/4 to 3/8” wide slice per avocado.
Lime Juice - 1 tsp per avocado.
Red and Green Bell Peppers - 1/16 to 1/8 of a whole pepper of each per avocado. Using just green peppers works well also.
Cumin - A light sprinkling of cumin. I’ve never measured the amount used.
Ground Chipotle Pepper (optional) – About 1/16 teaspoon per avocado or less. Can use chili powder instead.
Mix all the above ingredients together first, then add the avocado. Don’t try to peel an avocado; slice it in half, leaving the pit whole, then spoon out the center. Use the entire avocado except for the pit and skin. Save the pits and put them on top of the guac once it is completely mixed; they supposedly help keep the guac from turning brown. If some of the meat in an avocado is dark in color that’s ok, but each avocado should be mostly light green. Once the avocados are added, don’t over-mash them; you want the avocado to remain somewhat chunky. Never use a food processor on the avocados. One time I forgot the cumin and chipotle and it was still very good; it made the avocado flavor more pronounced. So go light on the seasoning and add more after taste testing. If you don’t have chipotle powder, either use chili powder or skip it. It’s not an important ingredient.

KRISPY KREME BREAD PUDDING

Ingredients
2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 (4.5-ounce) cans fruit cocktail (undrained)
2 eggs, beaten
1 (9-ounce) box raisins
1 pinch salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter Rum Sauce, recipe follows
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cube donuts into a large bowl. Pour other ingredients on top of donuts and let soak for a few minutes. Mix all ingredients together until donuts have soaked up the liquid as much as possible.

Bake for about 1 hour until center has jelled. Top with Butter Rum Sauce.

Butter Rum Sauce:
1 stick butter
1 pound box confectioners' sugar
Rum, to taste
Melt butter and slowly stir in confectioners' sugar. Add rum and heat until bubbly. Pour over each serving of Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Moving to Food & Drink forum...
my bad! i didnt know there was one! i havent been around much since the change over.

Daddy Cool {PL} said:
Moving to Food & Drink forum...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by