Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I am interested in finding out if there are any "plus size" (oh god how I hate that term - sorry!) pin-up models here and how they got started in pin-up modelling.

Views: 4965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you know, It's rough for me in the central valley, trying to find photographers. even though "plus sized" models are more accepted, not many photog's wanna work with em. lol.. I actually had a guy tell me I was too fat to be a model.. so it's slightly discouraging....
I just love it! LOL

Miss Chelsea Moaning said:
I for one would like to walk into a department store and saunter over to the.... Big ol' Titties and Luscious Butt section.
I am mortified that Niki was told she was "too fat", regardless of anyone's size there is no need for people to be rude. (and I doubt the guy who told you this had Brad Pitt's looks so they should take a long hard look in the mirror before labelling people).

BTW Niki you are absolutley stunning regardless of your size - you were probably just too much woman for that jerk to handle ;)
No WAY that dude should have said that to you, Niki. I think you're absolutely stunning. So there!

One day, here in Michigan, I was out with my kids shopping in Royal Oak....there was a group of girls getting on a party buss....all dressed to the 9s, already drinking, some of them drunk, Designer bags in tote....

well, I walk by, and a few of the girls start laughing hysterically and saying crap like "Moo Moo MOMMY!".....it was MORE than I could take, SO, I turned and very politely said

"Yes, I am very 'fluffy'...but I have 3 great kids, a husband who loves me, and a great life. You? Well, you're going to go to the club tonight, probably get an STD, and you'll only have your Prada bag to comfort you."

They weren't laughing much after that.

The point IS, that people are a******* for the most part. Finding folks that love you for who you are is difficult..unless you know where to look....like on PL!!! :D
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! AWESOME! When that photog said that to me, I just kinda tucked my tail and left. (he usually shoots those "high fashion" androgynous women. not that there's nothing wrong with that either, they have a whole nother set of issues!) Unfortunately, I think that the Central Valley, Being a lot of Farmers and Dairy Producers, Is a little bit behind. lol.. too bad, I'd love to do a farm shoot. haha!

I've been "mooed" at too.. the skinny b**** almost got knocked out. lol... in the end, she was "removed" from the party we were at... her and her bff, who decided they wanted to hump in front of all the other ladies boyfriends. HAHA!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
No WAY that dude should have said that to you, Niki. I think you're absolutely stunning. So there!

One day, here in Michigan, I was out with my kids shopping in Royal Oak....there was a group of girls getting on a party buss....all dressed to the 9s, already drinking, some of them drunk, Designer bags in tote....

well, I walk by, and a few of the girls start laughing hysterically and saying crap like "Moo Moo MOMMY!".....it was MORE than I could take, SO, I turned and very politely said

"Yes, I am very 'fluffy'...but I have 3 great kids, a husband who loves me, and a great life. You? Well, you're going to go to the club tonight, probably get an STD, and you'll only have your Prada bag to comfort you."

The point IS, that people are a******* for the most part. Finding folks that love you for who you are is difficult..unless you know where to look....like on PL!!! :D
My reply to him would have been "Well, I may be 'fat', but at least I have some manners!"

Miss Nikki Sin said:
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! AWESOME! When that photog said that to me, I just kinda tucked my tail and left. (he usually shoots those "high fashion" androgynous women. not that there's nothing wrong with that either, they have a whole nother set of issues!) Unfortunately, I think that the Central Valley, Being a lot of Farmers and Dairy Producers, Is a little bit behind. lol.. too bad, I'd love to do a farm shoot. haha! I've been "mooed" at too.. the skinny b**** almost got knocked out. lol... in the end, she was "removed" from the party we were at... her and her bff, who decided they wanted to hump in front of all the other ladies boyfriends. HAHA!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:

One day, here in Michigan, I was out with my kids shopping in Royal Oak....there was a group of girls getting on a party buss....all dressed to the 9s, already drinking, some of them drunk, Designer bags in tote.... well, I walk by, and a few of the girls start laughing hysterically and saying crap like "Moo Moo MOMMY!".....it was MORE than I could take, SO, I turned and very politely said

It amazes me everyday how ignorant, and arrogant people are to this day quite disheartening actually.
Ive been told im plus size. im barely a size ten... hmm?
Again, I have to say, if you haven't read this thread, you should. http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/full-figured-pinups

All of us "fluffy" models here are totaly BBP's. Never forget the Big Beautiful Pinups!

Remember, it's doesn't matter what size you are or how much you weigh, what matters is that you're HEALTHY, polite, pretty and a good person. I can always get thin.... ugly people (inside or out) are always ugly.
I agree with LadyT, it is so sad that people feel the need to belittle others, whatever happened to "if you haven't got anything nice to say..."?

I have always had image problems because of my size and have been affraid to be myself, but have found that PU has given me the confidence to not care what others think.

@Roxie I think it would be great if we started a group for BBP's and their fans!
Though I have to admit, even though you're going to get rude people no matter what, it feels like the whole kustom/pinup whatever culture you might call this seems far more accepting of bigger girls then others. I've seen a lot of work with fuller figured ladies that I've loved that look just as professional and cute as anything else!

I'm definatly one to promote the curvy girls! That's my personal term. :)
This is a terrible thing for anyone to say to another. It's flat out, rude disrespectful and mean. Clearly this photographer was a shallow douche.
Now, some of you may think that I have no right in this topic, that my 2 sense don't count BUT I have curves and I am a model, and I DO work with several wonderfully curvy woman.
I have worked with several clothing companies and UNFORTUNATELY sizes vary on brand and some comapnies have even "Tricked" us by adding smaller sizes. For instance, DIESEL added xxs wich is regular xs and added XXL so it looked as though they made several new sizes. Tricky Tricky.
But we Rockabilly dames have a far better advantage. Our designers KNOW we have curves. Real woman do, afterall, so they have made their designs with you in mind.
I have been looking for A FEW curvacious dames in my area to shoot for potential clothing companies who are looking for hour glass figured gals.
Now a-days "Plus size" is an average size 12-14 XL but that is NOT set in stone.
If you are looking to get started your best bet is to have your photos taken by an established photographer, who provides PROFESSIONAL M.U.A.H, styling, helps with wardrobe and posing, and start approaching the lines you wish to work with AFTER you have had the experience and are comfortable and ready.
Best of luck!
xo

Miss Nikki Sin said:
you know, It's rough for me in the central valley, trying to find photographers. even though "plus sized" models are more accepted, not many photog's wanna work with em. lol.. I actually had a guy tell me I was too fat to be a model.. so it's slightly discouraging....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service