Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I am interested in finding out if there are any "plus size" (oh god how I hate that term - sorry!) pin-up models here and how they got started in pin-up modelling.

Views: 4965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I second you on this question and I raise you a....... What size is considered a plus size pin up model? I know to be considered a pin up model you have to be curvaceous but i guess what would you consider the norm size if there even is one!?
Oooh great question!

LadyT:.:^v^:.: said:
I second you on this question and I raise you a....... What size is considered a plus size pin up model? I know to be considered a pin up model you have to be curvaceous but i guess what would you consider the norm size if there even is one!?
Plus sized is considered US size 12 and up. Though personally, I consider size 14 and up plus sized (as you can buy size 12 in the Juniors department)

I'm no model, but I'm most definitely plus sized @ size 16-18. ;) I get my "size" knowledge from my years of retail experience and my YEARS of making clothing. :)

What a relvant question, especially with the general public gradually opening their eyes to the beauty of plus size. Louis Viuitton and Prada both featured plus size models in their most recent fashion shows, and Glamour did a suimsuit spread with a plus size model (they didn't even mention her size in the article. Victory!).
In the fashion world, size ten to fourteen is generally acceptible for agencies, but thank god we don't have to conform to fashion's f-up standards. I think plus size starts at size eighteen - twenty, and I hate that size XL is usually equivalent to 14-16. That size is only XL in eight grade.
Pinup clothing is no reprieve. If anything, I find it more challenging to find dresses that don't require you to wear a corset and stockings that actually fit my thighs (even when they're marketed as "plus-size"). Oh, when with designers learn what women actually want to wear?
Im a novice in actual PS Pinup modeling, but I know as the fashion industry expands, so will our oportunties.
And we'll be the pioneers.
There is a thread on this topic already here: http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/full-figured-pinups. It's a good one for sure. Also, check out the Health & Fitness forum, there are lots of "size" conversations there.

Liberty, you said, "Pinup clothing is no reprieve. If anything, I find it more challenging to find dresses that don't require you to wear a corset and stockings that actually fit my thighs (even when they're marketed as "plus-size")." One thing about pin up clothing, that you don't have with modern, is if you want to get the look right, you need the proper underpinnings. The clothes are made to be worn with girdles, or body shapers, or sometimes corsets. Without them, they just don't look right, no matter what size you are. I agree with you on the stockings though, they always seems just a bit too tight!
What a great question! We should find a better word for us curvy ladies! I for one would like to walk into a department store and saunter over to the.... Big ol' Titties and Luscious Butt section. I'm no model, but right now I think is a great time to start. People 's eyes are opening up to the idea of curvier women, and it appears even the popular fashion magazines are featuring curvier women. People like what's different and new, and this has been a trend before and it's becoming a trend again. Take advantage!
I love plus sized girls myself. Like 'em better than thinner girls.
Oh dear, there are MUCH better words than "plus size"....allow me to demonstrate:

ample, busty, curvaceous, curvy, full-bosomed, full-figured, healthy, hearty, lusty, shapely, stacked, voluptuous, well-made, well-proportioned, well-rounded, and zaftig...which sounds like a Russian Peasant. lol

These are all DOCUMENTED Synonyms for Voluptuous/Buxom...which are BOTH Synonyms for "Plus Size"...Makes you feel beautiful and unique, doesn't it? :)

Miss Chelsea Moaning said:
What a great question! We should find a better word for us curvy ladies! I for one would like to walk into a department store and saunter over to the.... Big ol' Titties and Luscious Butt section. I'm no model, but right now I think is a great time to start. People 's eyes are opening up to the idea of curvier women, and it appears even the popular fashion magazines are featuring curvier women. People like what's different and new, and this has been a trend before and it's becoming a trend again. Take advantage!
Believe it or not Richie bouxom pinups are the best they actually appreciate the work you do! and of course i love a REAL woman. not too many around but they are awesome to work with.

Lee
REDLABELPHOTO
Oh don't you worry, Richie appreciates a curvy pinup!! ;)

Lee Williams said:
Believe it or not Richie bouxom pinups are the best they actually appreciate the work you do! and of course i love a REAL woman. not too many around but they are awesome to work with.

Lee
REDLABELPHOTO
Of course RETAIL wise 12 and up, I guess I figured back in the day females took a more voluptuous, curvy silhouette and having a little bit of stomach was nothing short of the norm. Also a time when clothing started at your natural waist line, not this super low or low risers nonsense we have today. So naturally the way we size women of today is different. All in all if its in the name of beauty that all that matters.

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
Plus sized is considered US size 12 and up. Though personally, I consider size 14 and up plus sized (as you can buy size 12 in the Juniors department)

I'm no model, but I'm most definitely plus sized @ size 16-18. ;) I get my "size" knowledge from my years of retail experience and my YEARS of making clothing. :)

Amen brother!

As for "labeling" us bigger girls, I prefer the term "plumpie pinup." The plumper the berry, the sweeter the juice! ha! Another good word is bodacious! BODacious magazine is actually petitioning to have an extra meaning added to the word "bodacious" in the Merriam-Webster dictionary. To mean an attractive bigger man or woman. If you feel so inclined, you can sign the petition at www.whatsyournumber.org
I suggested to the editor that they do a pinup issue - just imagine, a whole magazine full of plumpie pinups!

John Robo said:
I love plus sized girls myself. Like 'em better than thinner girls.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service