Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hello all! I just wanted to stick my head in here and say Hello. I'm new to the forum as well as the lifestyle.
Since I can remember, I've always been notably drawn to all things retro or vintage. I'm working on decking my house out with retro decor. Although I've always LOVED the classic famous pinup greats, it never occurred to me that I could emulate it in my daily life, without being a performer or model. My ENTIRE life I've had NO specific defined style. I'd wear whatever I thought looked cute or trendy, but even made up to my best, I felt insecure and out of place in public. My blonde hair all the same length, pale freckled skin, small boobs, etc, totally wrecked my self image. My personality, couldn't contrast my physical outlook more! I'm a very confident, outspoken, bold, passionate, confident woman. I just couldn't translate it onto my person.

About a week ago, I was googling for an image of a classic 40's/50's housewife, baking cookies or something, for inspiration. (My sister has a foodie blog I'm helping her lay out, and i thought that sort of photo of her would be great for the main image.) As I came across these types of photos I saw these modern pinup girls. I was very excited! I know a few drag queens that are pinup style, but they don't all live it day to day. I didn't know every day women could do it! I knew I wanted a drastic change in my appearance, even if it meant I had to work hard. I bought make up, hair dye, and supplies for a great mani-pedi, etc. I came home, opened up multiple youtube videos, and played them one by one, playing in front of the mirror. I dyed my hair, cut off 4 inches of it, and layered it. I got out my rollers, irons, combs, pins, and products, and poured my heart into practice.

My pin curls were terrible. My victory rolls were .....less than victorious. My hair was freshly washed and it's terribly fine, so with no product built up in it, everything fell. It didn't matter, I was ecSTATIC! I could see the potential with every single attempt. My confidence tripled every time I saw a 'do take shape. I'm practicing every day and I cant beieive how sexy and strong it makes me feel. I KNOW i was born in the wrong decade. Luckily, I am quite the decent seamstress, and I'm dying to get my hands on some patterns and fabric, and sew my own day to day clothes. (waiting till after xmas so I don't go broke, I know I won't want to stop!) As of yet, I have very little that's appropriate for the pinup lifestyle. (just saying pinup LIFESTYLE tickles me pink. its such a change in every area of my life. A good shaking up of things. I'm doing my best to apply it to every area of my life....and my husband doesn't seem to mind one bit) ;) I've embraced this lifestyle change and it has erased that "feeling frumpy" mindset I was stuck with.

Sorry to ramble, just really excited to find this seemingly underground movement of women who are just like me! I look forward to posting and reading, and learning from you more experienced queens of feminism. Please feel free to share any constructive criticism or ideas and tips with me, bc I am desperately eager to learn!!!

One more thing, here is a before/after. This is the old me. I never felt "ugly" or anything, but I was constantly 10 percent confident, and 90 percent self doubting. I still could handle having some frivolous vanity based unnecessary plastic surgeries if i had unlimited funds, but I don't feel like I'm being brought down by my flaws.

Thanks to the creators of this site for making a place to find sanctuary. And thank you to the Betties who have kept this lifestyle alive. If not for you all, I'd have never stumbled upon the google-isms I did, inevitably freeing me from a mundane life.

Eager to Learn,

~Ro

Views: 26

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the site darlin! I love your story, and i know quite a few of us have one close to it. That moment of "oh my god, this is who I am" is a great feeling! If you need anything, just let us know. There is a ton of great info here in the forum, and please jump into the chat room so we can get to know you!

xoxoxo

Roxy
What a doll! Welcome home =) loving that "after" photo.
HELLO pinup! that story rocks, and so does your lifestyle... pinup rocks! we are happy to have you here... as i'm happy to be here... we all love the site... there are rocken forums, and if you ask questions you will get lots of results....
again, WELCOME to the site! practice makes perfect!
Thanks so much everyone! I'm loving it so far. Feels great to connect with like minded souls. And Roxy, you ain't kidding. That moment...it was one instant when it dawned on me. Everything clicked into place and I've been excited ever since...like a kid getting close to christmas. =)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service