Advertise on PinupLifestyle
do they exist??

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, wasn't quite sure. Anyway, I'm very torn on the subject of tattoos, and one of my friends told me that you cannot be a pinup with no tattoos. I disagreed. While i'm not totally against the idea of getting one, I don't think it's completely necessary to complete the look either. I gave him the example of Bernie Dexter for instance, who yes...has a few, but isn't all tatted up either. What do you all think?

Views: 2496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so so true! Thanks so much for replying to my original post, big fan of yours :)

Candace Campbell said:
Thats always confused me. Weren't the sailors the ones with tattoos, not pinups? People ask me all the time why I dont have any tattoos, especially since I dated a really well known tattoo artist, and I just say " I want my photos to look like they actually could be from that era and if I had tattoos it would be obvious they are modern photos"
Thanks everyone for all your responses, i really appreciate the feedback! It's nice to see I'm not alone with my virgin skin :)
You don't have to have tattoos. I think tattoos are for the more modern pin up/rockabilly gals. In the pin up drawings I don't think any of the women had tattoos so it's possibly more traditional to not have tattooss. I'm not saying tattoos are bad but just an addition to the more modern pin up look.

Personally I don't have any and don't plan on getting any, though I do have piercings. Though they can be taken out for shoots :)
I'm with most of you here on this as I am untattoeed myself. I really admrie them both on girls and ond boys. Some stunners without tattoos are the aformentioned Bernie Dexter and Angela Ryan and some stunners with are Sabina Kelley and Masumi Max. I concur with DC's opinion.
Well said :) Pinup is an attitude! You can be who you want to be. I don't have any tattoos, but who knows in the future.

Daddy Cool {PL} said:
All you have to do is look around here, you can be thick, slim, tattoo'd, not tattoo'd, tall, or short and be an amazing Pinup. It flows from the inside, and your style.

Tell your friend he is stupid and hit him in the head for me =)
@ LisaLuxx:

Bernie Dexter does have some tattoos, I read somewhere that she wishes she didn't have some of them though.

Check out her back, shoulders and lower back of legs...

Dermablend :)

Pepsi Cola said:
I can't think what it's called but there's this awesome makeup you can get to cover up tattoos for photoshoots, etc. Angelina Jolie has used it in many movies I believe. I think it's called some like tattoo concealer or something along those lines... though there are probably loads of different brands.

Might be interesting to give it a go...

Ashley Shafer said:
sometimes I wish I didn't have so many tattoos, because I love the classic pinup, perfect pale skin look!
I don't have tattoo's... am I a pinup? :)

I actually have one ridiculous one that I got when I was waaaaaaay too young to get one and now as an adult I don't like it one bit.

I usually cover it up with Dermablend for my photoshoots or ask that it be edited out.

I love tattoos however; they are not for me personally because I've already proven to myself that what I may like one day, I may not like in a decade :)

What I love about pinup is you can have tattoos, not have them, be skinny, full figured, blonde, brunette, full lips, short or tall... just enjoy what you do!
I see that she does!! I suppose hers are more subtle than some other models out there, so I have never really seen them on her.

Stephanie Jay said:
@ LisaLuxx:

Bernie Dexter does have some tattoos, I read somewhere that she wishes she didn't have some of them though.

Check out her back, shoulders and lower back of legs...

I had really wanted to get a tattoo..
Im not to crazy about the whole all tatted look
so I was going to get it in the inside of my leg
but then I had talked to one of the magazine editors for hot rodz deluxe and
told me they are often looking for pure non tatted models
so I was stuck but looks like im going to stay un tatted for a while..
So true! Pin Up is the only modelling where you call all the shots! I got turned down from a catwalk last month because I was too big and my style didn't fit their's; I have a 38" bust, 37" hips, and a 27" waist...not what I'd call big!

Lisa Love said:
What I love about pinup is you can have tattoos, not have them, be skinny, full figured, blonde, brunette, full lips, short or tall... just enjoy what you do!
you don't need tattoos to look like a pinup. you are what you are and are beautiful because you are you.

oh - there's a tattoo concealer on Sephora by Kat Von D, i haven't used it but i've heard great things about it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service