Advertise on PinupLifestyle
What pin up books (if any) do you ladies use as far as shoot inspiration goes, ie: poses, clothing, etc.? I have an Elvgren book and, of course, the Dita book which have both helped out a lot, but I am always looking for new resources. Spill your finds!

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I cant find a book.....I GOOGLE! yeah google. A while ago I ran into this site
http://www.thepinupfiles.com/ it has all the greats in them. very good source.
you got it my Elvgren and Dita book are a must! i also have a betty page book, she knew how to hold her curves right. i look to old hollywood for the diff era faces. bow, garland, grabel...
I have a book titled Gil Elvgren, that I adore. There are photos in it of the models he used for his paintings. From an artist's point of view, it's a great resource.
i have an elvgren book..
i have the Dita book..
a book called, "PRETTY THINGS"
winkytiki's book
- deadbeat magazine
- java's magazine
- fraulinwunder magazine
- barracuda magazine
- varla magazine
There is also "The Great American Pinup" which covers a lot of the artists (70 -80 of them anyway) from 1920-1980, and if you keep your eyes out at Borders or B&N, they have them on sale in the cheap art book section on occasion. Also "Bettie Page Rules," which covers a bunch of the hollywood starlets of the 50's (then compares them to Bettie Page for some unknown reason), and another called "For the Boys- The Racy Pinups of WWII" which has pictures and drawings of some of the original pinups that made their way to nose art and the back sides of bomberjackets. It's cool to see the changes made from an original picture to what ends up on the planes.
I have a fantastic book called, "All American Pinups". Its a large coffee table type book that documents pinups from the turn of the century to about the mid 60s. It not only highlights the greats like Elvgren, Petty and the like but shows images from all their students and advertising. It is phenom. I got it at Barnes and Noble for like $10 !!!

I look through it a couple times a month especially the images that show the real model and the finished illustration and painting. It shows how they were really standing or posing.

Good Luck!!!
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by