Advertise on PinupLifestyle
hey.....dont me to sound like a major douche bag but can anyone give me a step by step guide to pin curls??? ive googled but some are different to others and i just ended up confused!

does your hair need to be a certain length? do you do it to wet hair and sleep over night on them? do you use a setting lotion??? do you start bottom to top arrrrggghhhh

id love to give it a whirl but dont know where to start !!! ill end up looking like diana ross gone wrong :0S

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi honey, Google Pin Up Parade, it is an online retro clothes store they have a book on doing your hair in various vintage styles that is highly regarded.
hey there peachy, pin curls are tough but if you can get a good book or stylist to give you step by step in person it's probably best that way, trying to discribe them with no visual aids is almost impossible! plus it all really depends on the look you want to achieve for where you start and the length of hair requred!
xo cloe
Well you can go on you tube for a tutorial. They do pretty much step by step. Once you get the hang of it you will be doing it in your sleep. Have a good one.
My friend who is an amazing hair stylist taught me a lot when I first started doing hair. He is a stylist to celebs and has been doing hair in theatres for years. He taught me a very simple way to do pin curls. I tried it on myself and my hair came out great!

Here's how I did it:
Wet your hair the night before and towell dry so it is not "sopping" wet. You can you use seting lotion, or just a leave-in conditioner (I didn't use anything, but my hair holds curl very well). Section/ part your hair for how you want it in the final look. Now, depending on how small or how large you want the curls, you want to take a 1"x 1" or 1.5"x 1.5" section of your hair. Hold this section of hair with one hand (hand #1) and with your other hand (hand #2), place your index finger on your head where your section of hair is coming from (have I confused you yet? lol). Now with Hand #1 which is holding the section of hair, wrap the hair around your index finger. Not too tight though, or you won't be able to get your finger out of your hair. Byt his time, the section of hair should look like a very small cinnamon bun! lol with you index finger stil inside of your hair "bun" take your other hand and hold the "bun" flat whil you remove your finger....then place a bobby-pin or two through it. Repeat these steps all over. Just remember to wind the hair in the same direction on bothe the right and left sides of your head. I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me if you are too confused with my directions....lol :)

Crystal
Joing the cosmo lounge... there is a step by step how to....

the curls are simple (after the video)

remember to SWiTCH the direction, so the brush out is authentic!!! if you just want to Pinup your hair and wart in a scarf, it is a great practice for the wrap... and then when you wrap it good the 100th time, brush it out, and rock an authentic REAL vintage look!
It's probably best to start with med length hair, at the longest. I prefer to have slightly damp hair, spritzed w/ Lottabody (setting lotion) and combed through. I start from the ends & roll up to the root. I also like to use the double pronged clips to hold them. Make sure they fit snugly at the root and if you're going to sleep in them (also preferred), make sure you get a bonnet or scarf to keep them in well. I use a hair net especially for sets. Hope this helps.
I've never been brave enough (or had the time and energy) to give pin curls a go yet, but from everything I've heard they generally do come out looking pretty crazy, and need a LOT of brushing out to get them looking right, maybe that's your problem?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service