Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I am currently researching images for a new logo I am designing. I think I will end up doing an illustration - of a fabulous woman gone wild! I want a 'naughty, mischevious, wild' kind of look! There are loads of great pics on this site - but can anyone else recommend and websites that have fabulous retro images of women? Especially with any 'retro' illustration. Any help much appreciated.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are plenty of pinup collectors with sites, but I can't think of many classic pinups with a "wild" look. It sounds like you're going for more of a pulp fiction cover look, am I right? You could try Pulp Cards and this set on flickr... but be careful! I don't know how copyright law works in the U.K., but in the U.S., "derivative works" are considered copyright infringement. While much of the work of the era has expired into public domain, some artists' estates and representatives have renewed the copyrights. Gil Elvgren's, for instance. You'll have to do your own research on each artist.
good idea!
Cheers hon - yes we have stringent copyright laws here too! I just want to get the 'feel' and will probably do an original illustration! Those sites were great for inspiration - thank-you xx

Wink Holliday said:
There are plenty of pinup collectors with sites, but I can't think of many classic pinups with a "wild" look. It sounds like you're going for more of a pulp fiction cover look, am I right? You could try Pulp Cards and this set on flickr... but be careful! I don't know how copyright law works in the U.K., but in the U.S., "derivative works" are considered copyright infringement. While much of the work of the era has expired into public domain, some artists' estates and representatives have renewed the copyrights. Gil Elvgren's, for instance. You'll have to do your own research on each artist.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service