Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Now I know why girls start planning their wardrobe for VLV 6 months or more ahead of time.

I am so frustrated!! I keep getting outbid on Ebay for RIDICULOUS amounts, and I mean ridiculous. Take for example the used Ruby Rox dress that just got bid up to almost $150 dollars today....my max bid was about $60. I mean COME ON!!!! A used Ruby Rox dress, not even that expensive of a brand, and in worn condition....$150 f****** dollars??? People are sick. I mean yeah, the dress was bomb but give me a break.
This isn't the only item that I have seen bid to the heavens and to irrational amounts. I give up on Ebay officially tonight.

I also give up on trying to order stuff from Pinupgirlclothing.com, Stop Staring, Baby Girl Boutique, and all the others. No sizes left ( in the stuff I want, at least).....except and XXL or XS.

So far I have one dress and an outfit for the car show, that's it. So it's safe to say I have NO CLOTHES as of now for Viva. I am so happy we are going, cause up until about a month ago we didn't think we were gonna make it, and now we are, but arghhhh!!!

Bet your ass I'll be hitting up the Vendors a.s.a.p on Thursday morning cause it looks like I am gonna have to do all my shopping when we get there.

Any one else going through this?

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know i've gotten ruby rox dresses in Dtown for like 5 bucks...if you live in the LA area you might wanna go
tomorrow early morning on pico and sanpedro...theres lot of things there for cheap...
I've been making outfits accessories and theme wigs professionally for years beacause I got tired of going through that. Back then there weren't all these repro companies so we all had unique outfits. bellebusiness@yahoo.com

don't give up hope Starlight
That's what i am doing this year!

Kim Bombshell said:
borrow from friends! That can help cut down the costs! A lot of girls do that right before Vegas. They have parties where they bring what they aren't wearing or wore in years past, and everyone tries on and borrows.
I'm lame and always shop year round with VLV in mind! LOL
Don't get me wrong I LOVE Stop Staring and Pin Up Girl clothing, but chances are a dozen other girls will be wearing the same thing. I think a few staple pieces like separates are good to have, but I save those dresses for something at home cuz I know someone else is gonna have that dress on in VEGAS. Don't count out some local stores in the mall. All you need are the right silhouettes and you can make anything look Rockabilly. Guess and BEBE both have sheath silhouettes as well as full skirts. High waisted pants and skirts are in now and most stores have them! Even Spiegel and New Port News clothing have cute dresses that have a 50's silhouette. Seriously, if you fix your hair and make-up just right you will have the look you want! The outfit is just icing on the cake to your fabulous self! ;)

If you lived near me I'd be more than happy to help you out and be your stylist. Good luck and if you see me at VLV don't be a stranger!
xoxoxoox
D. Kitten
Devil Kitten said:
Don't get me wrong I LOVE Stop Staring and Pin Up Girl clothing, but chances are a dozen other girls will be wearing the same thing. I think a few staple pieces like separates are good to have, but I save those dresses for something at home cuz I know someone else is gonna have that dress on in VEGAS. Don't count out some local stores in the mall. All you need are the right silhouettes and you can make anything look Rockabilly. Guess and BEBE both have sheath silhouettes as well as full skirts. High waisted pants and skirts are in now and most stores have them! Even Spiegel and New Port News clothing have cute dresses that have a 50's silhouette. Seriously, if you fix your hair and make-up just right you will have the look you want! The outfit is just icing on the cake to your fabulous self! ;)

If you lived near me I'd be more than happy to help you out and be your stylist. Good luck and if you see me at VLV don't be a stranger!
xoxoxoox
D. Kitten

That's interesting what you said about alot of the modern trendy pieces looking "rockabilly" That's a good thing, right? Cause I have been finding some great stuff on sites like Forever 21, Wet seal and Charlotte Russe. They are all under $30 bucks too, which is awesome.

I am gonna totally admit that I am still in the dark about alot of things fashion wise.....so my question is, to you (and whomever else want to answer!!) is it "OK" to wear this stuff?? Or is that like committing a fashion sin? Am I gonna be the laughing stock of VLV if I wear a mini dress?? I have found a few dresses I really want but they are all above-knee length, and I know traditionally that women didn't wear skirts/dresses that length in the 40's/50's and also most of the repro stuff is all knee length or longer.

I sound like such a dork right now, but really like I said I am still kinda in the dark about the fashion in this scene. The first year I went to Viva I didn't even dress rockabilly!!! Then once I saw all the beautiful ladies and how insanely gorgeous they looked, I became interested. I have been into the music and cars for eons but going to Viva was what really opened my eyes to the fashion part of the lifestyle. I am still so clueless on so many things so any help is appreciated!
:)

I really am glad to hear this!! Support YOung designers! Hand made home grown!!! though those companies have wonderful stuff some is made in china and overseas! not even made her in canada or you case the U.S.

you'll probably find some great Homegrown designers!! with good quality fabrics and designs!!
What should you wear? Whatever makes you comfortable, Hon. Some of us are "comfortable" in cinchers and garters, and some gals feel more themselves in a pair of jeans borrowed from a boyfriend. Trust me, there will be gals there wearing genuine vintage frippery, and feeling and/or looking miserable. Maybe you have particularly sexy knees, and want to show them off! Your personal take on the style will develop over time. If/as you become more immersed, you may become more of a stickler for period-accuracy. But no matter what, don't worry about trying to dress for someone else! You're paying a lot of money to be at VLV. See a bunch of great bands, imbibe a bunch of weak drinks, and have fun!

Kristy C said:
I am gonna totally admit that I am still in the dark about alot of things fashion wise.....so my question is, to you (and whomever else want to answer!!) is it "OK" to wear this stuff?? Or is that like committing a fashion sin? Am I gonna be the laughing stock of VLV if I wear a mini dress?? I have found a few dresses I really want but they are all above-knee length, and I know traditionally that women didn't wear skirts/dresses that length in the 40's/50's and also most of the repro stuff is all knee length or longer.
I sound like such a dork right now, but really like I said I am still kinda in the dark about the fashion in this scene. The first year I went to Viva I didn't even dress rockabilly!!! Then once I saw all the beautiful ladies and how insanely gorgeous they looked, I became interested. I have been into the music and cars for eons but going to Viva was what really opened my eyes to the fashion part of the lifestyle. I am still so clueless on so many things so any help is appreciated!
I have to quote the VLV Mini-guide here....

"I don't give a rats ass if you spent $500 on that hawaiian dress. If I wore something like that I would either puke on it or it would get ripped by some european trying to get me naked. Wear whatever you want, just do it with a sense of style, please"

Kristy C said:
Devil Kitten said:

xoxoxoox
D. Kitten

That's interesting what you said about alot of the modern trendy pieces looking "rockabilly" That's a good thing, right? Cause I have been finding some great stuff on sites like Forever 21, Wet seal and Charlotte Russe. They are all under $30 bucks too, which is awesome.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service