Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I’m quite aware that all you lucky Americans have most likely already seen this film but i really cant wait to go see it!
and i love the theme song on the trailer! i just searched it and its amazingly by smashing pumpkins - The Beginning Is the End Is the Beginning id never herd this version of it before

What are your thoughts on the film will i like it?!!!!

xxxxxxx

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this addresses your concern. People should definitely read this (or better yet the graphic novel itself) before seeing the movie. Can't wait to see it..in IMAX!

NO ORDINARY COMIC
CHRIS ALEXANDER, FOR METRO CANADA

This Friday, there is no doubt going to be a fair chunk of Metro readers that drop their hard earned duckets and file into their local multiplex to see the latest Day-Glo pop pulp comic book blockbuster, the heavily hyped and mass merchandised epic Watchmen.

But before you do friends, you’d be wise to take a moment and read the following passages, a primer to the most anticipated film of the year thus far.

First of all dear readers, be aware that this is not your daddy’s brand of superhero saga and those expecting the movie to be in line with the PG rated likes of Spider-Man or X-Men should give their collective heads a shake.

Based on the beloved cult graphic novel by cantankerous British visionary Alan Moore, Watchmen ventures into the very essence of grim and takes few prisoners. The emotionally disturbed, semi-retired, latex-wearing crusaders who populate the picture are the opposite of heroic, they’re anti-heroes straight out of the most nihilistic film noir and their helpful attempts to save lives don’t always end well.

As directed by Zack Snyder, the guy who splashed buckets of blood over the rock hard abs of the screaming Spartans in 300, and who two years prior to that unleashed a cannibalistic zombie apocalypse in his remake of Dawn of the Dead, the film is also one of the most brutally violent pictures of the year, littered with broken bodies and spraying arteries of every persuasion.

Violence isn’t the only thing that sets Watchmen apart, the film is also graphically sexual to boot. If you’ve ever fantasized about Bat Girl hooking up with Captain America, then this movie is for you. If not, well, you’ve been warned.

But perhaps most importantly, Watchmen is incredibly sophisticated entertainment, as intellectually and morally challenging as it is visceral and erotic. It asks its audience some pointed questions about the world they live in and refuses to pander to shrinking violet sensibilities.

So if you plan to see it, eat your greens, rest up and bring the biggest cup of caffeine you can fit into your cupholder (the film is almost three hours long) because Watchmen takes its pen and ink origins very seriously and expects its audience to do the same.

Honey B Hooligan {M} said:
I'm incredibly GEEKED to see this Film, ever since I read the GN (Graphic Novel) almost 8 years ago I've been in LOVE with Watchmen! What I AM worried about, however, is that people will go to see this movie expecting a "hero" film. It is the FARTHEST thing from a "hero" story that there is.

This movie will be AMAZING! looks like they stuck REALLY close to the GN!! So I'm going to have to second Poppy's **SQUEEEE!**
Yeah, The New Yorker already reviewed it poorly - which means it is going to be AWESOME! I'm seeing it tomorrow night for the big opening.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service