Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm a "flexitarian," which, for me, means that I only eat meat from animals that have lived natural lives: no factory farming, no feedlots, etc. As a result of my personal standards, I am pretty much a vegetarian.
I never ate bacon every day. When I was brunching regularly with friends, I'd maybe have it once a week. With a touch of maple syrup, please. But now that I can't have it at all, I crave it! My boy bought me a bacon-scented air freshener for my car (I refuse to take it out of the plastic wrapper) and we shared a Mo's Bacon Bar* from Vosges as a rare treat. I even found a recipe online for candied bacon, which I want to make when I find some happy-pig bacon! My favorite bacon, hands down, was Nueske's from Wisconsin. Lucky for me, I haven't been in Wisconsin since I went veggie, so I haven't been tempted. :)

What's your bacon story? Poppy? The floor is yours. :)

*That's Mo as in Mo Frechette from Zingerman's in Ann Arbor, MI... and the bacon is Nueske's!

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can be my friend. Bacon + Avocado + Feta = Holy Trinity of Flavours
Make gravy for the fries with the bacon grease. Sure, you'll shorten your life span by 3 years, but those are the shitty years at the end anyway.

Lil_bit said:
OH MY GAWD proof that bacon on anything taste better.....If French Fries were great to begin with why not add BACON to them RIGHT..........RIGHT! well I just had me some Bacon Avocado fries and Holly Martha I thought i was going to die from sheer pleasure!
HAHAHAHAHAhahahaha... Why did it take me so long to find this thread? Bacon is a religion to me- and this illustration would be plastered on the wall of the church...

Poppy Fields said:
Made some important edits:

Damn you people, here I am trying to eat like a good little boy, and now I have this damn bacon craving.
I listen to this las vegas podcast and on a trip reprot they were talking about a place that served a bacon martini.
have to admit that I'm a purist in my bacon pursuits. I don't even like it on hamburgers. I'd much rather have a good old blt and savor the clean taste of the god's gift to the taste buds.

My wife is a vegetarian, but everynow and then she can't resist nibbling on some really crispy bacon. And truthfully, I never met a vegetarian who woulnd't get that "oh how I miss it" look in their eye whenever the subject of bacon comes up...
Menudo cures hangovers and what ever else bothers you ....
Breakfast of Championes ......
From cnet news:

"In one of the most useful and engaging Web 2.0 productivity apps we've seen in ages, Bacolicious promises to make your browsing experience so very delicious by superimposing an image of a piece of tasty, tasty bacon over everything you navigate."

(Click on the link to learn how)
Finally I can upload again! Made some more edits to better reflect my version of reality ;) :

The web page baconizer is a beautiful application of technical skills!

sfphotojournal said:

Almost posted this in the Zombie thread, but it's clearly more appropriate here:
ZOMBIE'S DILEMMA: BRAINS, OR BACON?

T-shirt ($24US) available at Red Bubble.
you bacon fiends need to try this recipe.... made it for the darlin' who said its amaaaazazing!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bacon-Cheese-Muffins/Detail.aspx
I think this is clearly indicative of the larger issues we all face on a day-to-day basis. It's... profound. ;)
(Although the answer is obvious: bacon FTW. Brains are a dime a dozen, but good bacon...)

Wink Holliday said:
Almost posted this in the Zombie thread, but it's clearly more appropriate here:
ZOMBIE'S DILEMMA: BRAINS, OR BACON?

T-shirt ($24US) available at Red Bubble.
By the amount of saliva gathering in my mouth, I think this one hits the spot!
Mmmmm, cheesy crunchy crumbly bacony goodness...

Rachel Revenge said:
you bacon fiends need to try this recipe.... made it for the darlin' who said its amaaaazazing!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bacon-Cheese-Muffins/Detail.aspx
MMMMM bacon! I love it but not so much Canadian bacon. You're making the right choices though! I totally agree. I don't eat red meat but sometimes steak looks .... well it can be mesmerizing when you haven't eaten it a while! They make vegetarian bacon! It's made from soy and other vegetables and really, it tastes about like the real thing. And if you ever want a hamburger but can't find a natural one, they also make things called BOCA BURGERS! They're amazing. Even better than real burgers!

I really want a bacon-scented air freshener! That's awesome! Haha
xx,
Steph
The bacon thread was feeling left out, so I found it this!

Bacon Wellington.

'Cos what the Bacon Explosion was missing was eggs, cheese and pastry, right? Right.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service