Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm a "flexitarian," which, for me, means that I only eat meat from animals that have lived natural lives: no factory farming, no feedlots, etc. As a result of my personal standards, I am pretty much a vegetarian.
I never ate bacon every day. When I was brunching regularly with friends, I'd maybe have it once a week. With a touch of maple syrup, please. But now that I can't have it at all, I crave it! My boy bought me a bacon-scented air freshener for my car (I refuse to take it out of the plastic wrapper) and we shared a Mo's Bacon Bar* from Vosges as a rare treat. I even found a recipe online for candied bacon, which I want to make when I find some happy-pig bacon! My favorite bacon, hands down, was Nueske's from Wisconsin. Lucky for me, I haven't been in Wisconsin since I went veggie, so I haven't been tempted. :)

What's your bacon story? Poppy? The floor is yours. :)

*That's Mo as in Mo Frechette from Zingerman's in Ann Arbor, MI... and the bacon is Nueske's!

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bring you:
My undying love and devotion :D David Liebowitz always delivers the good, good goods.

I don't know if I'd ever get past the candied bacon stage. I can see myself, 5 batches of bacon in, sugar-glazed chin and not a single pint of ice cream to show for it!

Wink Holliday said:
Bacon, brown sugar, and WHISKEY. Isn't that the Holy Trinity?

Poppy Fields said:
I bring you:
My undying love and devotion :D David Liebowitz always delivers the good, good goods.

I don't know if I'd ever get past the candied bacon stage. I can see myself, 5 batches of bacon in, sugar-glazed chin and not a single pint of ice cream to show for it!

Wink Holliday said:
You know, it's been so long since I've been in the Church of Bacon (weeks, I tell you: WEEKS!) that it's all starting to get a little fuzzy. I shall be sure to worship a little extra on Sunday ;)

Wink Holliday said:
Bacon, brown sugar, and WHISKEY. Isn't that the Holy Trinity?

(Click here to go to the site that sells the shirt!)

Okay, now I need to go get some bacon. I'm a huge lover of turkey bacon ;) Something a little strange about me is that I absoutely cannot eat regular bacon unless it is EXTRA crispy. There's nothing worse than limp bacon ;)
Well, there's one thing worse than limp bacon...
;D

Maria Bella said:
Okay, now I need to go get some bacon. I'm a huge lover of turkey bacon ;) Something a little strange about me is that I absoutely cannot eat regular bacon unless it is EXTRA crispy. There's nothing worse than limp bacon ;)
Simple, but effective:The Ultimate Bacon Sandwich

No doubt part of the Bacon Sandwich Diet!
I found bacon from Maverick Ranch. No nitrates, no hormones, no antibiotics, "dedicated to environmentally sustainable ranching." Certified humanely raised and handled. BACON: I HAZ IT.
::doing the HAPPY DANCE OF JOY for you::

Mmmmm, nitrate free.
I had bacon for breakfast. It was sad, yucky bacon. I never thought such a thing existed, but now I know better.
My innocence has been cruelly stripped!!

Wink Holliday said:
I found bacon from Maverick Ranch. No nitrates, no hormones, no antibiotics, "dedicated to environmentally sustainable ranching." Certified humanely raised and handled. BACON: I HAZ IT.
It's so... beautiful...

sfphotojournal said:
Wall of Bacon

http://flickr.com/photos/yorkie/2370080030/

"If god hadn't wanted us to eat animals then he wouldn't have made them out of meat"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service