Advertise on PinupLifestyle

So, as much as I didn't want to get chemicals involved in my want to remove all black dye from my hair, I gave in and decided to anyway. Rather than fading it gradually by taking the "soap cap" route or even just rinsing with Dawn dish soap occasionally, I just went after it all at once with a color remover.

And then followed it up with bleach.

This is what my hair looked like just a few days ago...

And this is it now...

Big difference! And my hair isn't even slightly damaged! I obviously haven't removed 100% of the black dye from my hair yet, but it's getting there. I plan to continue using the same bleach I'd used before, and just fade it out gradually. I'm not a fan of the unnatural blonde color AKA yellow, so I'll be happy as long as that fades as well.

If anyone has any tips or tricks, that'd be amazing! I just know I'd seen a few posts about black hair dye removal, and had even posted something about it myself once, so there's my story and progress on the subject.

I also made a video which goes a little further in depth to all of what was just mentioned, if anyone should want to check it out. =0]

Views: 2794

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

very nice! make sure you put some KPAk in that hair though!!!!
What's the best way in less than 3 days to get box dyed dark brown/black hair ... to an auburn-ish color? In desperate need of a fool-proof way. I've heard that dying one boxed dye over another is not a good thing ... for example using the Blonde dye both you and Roxy have used, and then getting an Auburn semi-perm color over it.
I love the final result Tessa - you look great.  With your skin color you look amazing in all the photos - no matter what color the hair.

wow! it looks amazing!

you should do a protein/moisture treatment to your hair though, because you did alot to the structure of your hair in such a short time. it will keep your hair strong and healthy. I am getting ready to do some highlites/lowlights and all over color, so I just did the treatment to my hair to prepare for it. I am in cosmetology school, so i have access to alot of great info/products. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up! :)

If you are going the same darkness as your haircolor now, you can deposit the color, but it may not turn out like you want-there are way to many variables to tell. your best bet is to lighten your hair a few shades before doing it, and "bleach" is really the only way to do it, which is really harsh on the hair. But it can be done. you just need to watch the hair as its lightening so you dont over do it and "fry it". also, any color with reds is going to fade fast and is high maintanence. just remember to wash in cool water, it will help last longer, and use professional color treated hair shampoo. redken is my favorite brand (color extend,red bottle). semi-permanent will wash out in 4-6 weeks, so maybe try a demi-permanent, it will last a little longer because it deposits more color. permanent will "lighten" your hair a little before it deposits the color which may be a little more harsh to your already bleached hair, but it cant be used on already colored hair. if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Lovely Rita said:
What's the best way in less than 3 days to get box dyed dark brown/black hair ... to an auburn-ish color? In desperate need of a fool-proof way. I've heard that dying one boxed dye over another is not a good thing ... for example using the Blonde dye both you and Roxy have used, and then getting an Auburn semi-perm color over it.
It looks lovely very beautiful:)
Yo Tessa that hair color looks SICK! Lets see a front shot!
WOW! your hair looks amazing!!! <3

ok .... im  a hairstylis, u can go to a Sally & get Effasol i think thts the name :) use tht w 20% prx  use tht from the ends up, if u apply some heat it can help u.When u see ur hair getting light remove it or take it to the uper part of ur hair to make it even after tht wash well (shampoo * condition) after if ur hair is @ the ligthest than just use a toner to kill all of the cooper or golden tones if not use roux bleach(violet) with 30% prx and after tht u can use the toner...manic panic "virgin snow" is good or wella "withe lady" those are to good choices to make ur self blond.... im happy if i could be of eany help

Besos...

Gigi Golden

ooooh i almost 4got... get a protein for ur hair,REDKEN has reaaaaaally good ones tht work but u use protein like 1 a month cause if u overthose ur hair it will get like a hard texture u dont want tht,and if u can get tht in Sally they sell a prod. calld hair rescue reeeeeeally good u can get the little box that is Keratin and they are great ass well & to keep ur blond hair blonde use a shampoo tht its calld Silver smthng i forget its from Matrix u can get it in Jcpenny Salons & the REDKEN prod. ass well :) have fun w ur hair and take a LOT of pictures
you look adoreable with the red hair. I used to bleach a white streak in the front of my hair. I worked for  a salon supplier at the time so used pro products rather than domestic which I never had great results with, so congrats on your outcome. Im glad you opted for the red rather than more bleaching because the area of my hair that I used to bleach has never grown back and its been over 5 years. That bit is about 3 inches long while the rest is long enough to sit on.
You look AMAZING with auburn hair!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service