Advertise on PinupLifestyle
The new season of Mad Men started two weeks ago, and it looks pretty good so far. So who's watching??

A few things I found interesting this season:

Peggy's new boyfriend thinks she's a virgin... that's an interesting lie.

Sally has a stalker, ewwwww. That kid has always been creepy.

Don is hiring hookers?? This man could get any woman he wanted the first season, not he has to pay, sad!

Don's secretary's boyfriend called him pathetic. No one, especially not a young guy like that would have said that before.

I don't like seeing him fall like this, he was kind of a jerk, but I liked him as he was. Not like this... it's sad.

Thoughts??

**And for more Mad Men stuff, check out our these other threads: http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/mad-men-stuff, http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/anyone-here-watch-mad-men, http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/anybody-else-watching-ma...**

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Richie i could only imagine being apart of the real Madison avenue advertising scheme!

Peggy's boyfriend, talk about a weirdo pressuring her to do it with him??? Then "do you feel different" good lord. But i love how it was all prefaced by Franks conversation about not giving it all up if he was the one she would marry.

Don is just killing me this season, i dont know what to think about him. The hooker, and then screwing his secretary? Then the uncomfortable moment (that we all knew would happen) Its like he has gotten a lot "harsher" since him and betty are divorcing.

Whats up with Betty? She seems like a coarse hard bia now... i guess its the typicall "divorce" situation. Honestly I dont think that she wants to totally let go of Don. Which is why i think they still live in the house.

And for Glen.... that little boy creeped me out when Betty babysat him!!!
I don't see Don as harsher he just seems lost. Is it just me or did his neighbor pick up a southern accent on their second meeting?

Glen is creepy. I don't think we saw any backlash against the whole house trashing thing. Wonder of Don was still around would it have been different. Would Sally have told that she knew who it was? Would Don have glared his famous glare at the kid? The whole thing makes me wonder what would happen if it was my daughter.

I can't remember the guys name but the guy that went to AA and brought in the Ponds contract. He makes me laugh. Mostly because I see myself reflected in him somewhat. I've never considered myself an alcoholic and I've never been to AA but there was a time in my life where I drank much more than I do now. Roger saying, "Don't you think it's a little early", to Don made me laugh. He was obviously covering for Whats-his-name and when Don scoffed Whats-his-name was kinda exposed. I've been Whats-his-name before.
Don't get me started on Betty. In season one I liked/felt bad for her, but she has turned out to be a raving b****, and a bad mom!! And as far as I'm concerned, there is no excuse for being mean to your children. No wonder Sally hates it there, I bet she's thrilled that Glen did that to the house. Although.... I'd kill for her wardrobe!!
Agreed on all points. Although my wife would take the clothes and I'd never get a chance to wear them. HA!
Ok, so now Lane has to pay for a whore as well? Whats up with all of the divorce?

I also cant believe they didnt tell her about her own cancer, i mean really come on. And Don planning on bringing the kids in easter, well is she even going to be alive when easter comes?

I wasnt to thrilled about this episode... seems like they were just trying to set a lot of stuff up... kinda boring.. maybe i just need to watch it again because i was simotanously folding laundry...
This was a really slow episode, I found myself kinda bored.

But the cancer thing... what kind of family doesn't tell someone they have cancer!?!?!?! I can't even imagine. That poor woman. Other then that, I don't really have anything to say about it. Joan looked amazing, as always. LOL
That barbie Joanie is WAAAAY too skinny! Give 'er some CURVES BABY!

richie/rockabilly richie{PLA} said:

the first time Don pushed Betty, I was like "woah!"...but now? I wouldn't mind putting her head through a wall myself. lol

There's no way in HELL that Don should have to pay for hookers! WTF!? He seems completely LOST this season!

Sally's little stalker needs therapy...he reminds me of a young Dahmer...you know..with the hair and everything... *creeptastic!*

the What's-His-Name you're trying to think of is Frank. and I like him too. He's just your average early 1960's middle aged alcoholic, and I love him for being drama free.

They never really clarified if the little blonde baby was Peggy's?? or if it was her sisters? because they show her sister preggo in one of the "flash backs". If it is her baby....awkwarrrd!

God I love this show! GIMME MORE! I also love that I can watch True Blood first, and then wind down with Mad Men.
Yea the first season I was like "Poor Betty." Then I was like "Don's an ass." After last week I'm like "Don's an alright guy." We haven't seen much of Betty lately. I wonder if they'll do a Betty centric episode at some point. I agree she needs her head put thru a wall. It makes me wonder of I was wrong about Don being an ass. We'll see I suppose.

I think you're looking at the hiring of hookers the wrong way. It wasn't an act of need or passion but an act of boredom. Why chat a girl up when you can just hire one.

Joan got a bit of a dressing down by the Lane. Ya'll might BBQ me for this but I thought she kinda had it coming. Anybody else think she cut her finger on purpose?
No i definitely agree with you about Joan, she had it coming about Price getting on her like that. Cutting her finger on purpose no... cause she wanted to go to the hospital, but it was a great moment for the two of them.

I dont think i could watch a episode all about Betty if she continues to act like she does....

And i personally think Don is paying for whore because "everyone" has given up on him and he needs some one to give him what he needs. Every time he kind of sleeps with some one they are a "power house" and all of the powerfull women are done... like the secretary... she was kind of a odd one.
Good point about the powerfull women. His first wifes niece seems pretty powerful. Wonder if she's next? They could get married and he could be his own nephew or something like that.
Just a random after thought, was there ever a "real" sex scene with Don and Betty?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service