Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Like so many others I've always had an interest in photography. I've never even pursued it as a hobby until now.

As they say 'a wise man knows that he knows nothing' so I'm looking for any tips, tricks and tidbits that you folk might be willing to give me.

I've posted below some of the shots I've taken so far, with the edit following the original. All of these were shot with an iPhone and edited in iPhoto with the most amateur of hands.

I really am looking for honest feedback. Feel free to pick these apart and let me know any ways I might be able to improve my framing, composition, editing, etc.

Then here's a couple of photos I took using the Hipstamatic app for the iphone. Because I had nothing to do with the editing it feels a little like cheating, but I'm still kinda proud of the images.

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great feedback, E, thanks for the notes. I noticed in another shot I took that day that I had 'anchored' the frame with the bridge tower, and it made for a much better shot. Apparently I'm the only one that likes #5, lol. Not sure what it is about it. Something about the color quality, her expresion, how the film effect makes all the lines really soft... I even like the stuff to the left of the frame, lol.

Thanks for the having my LoFi back.

@sarajean: saying that anyone can take a good picture with an iPhone is exactly the same as saying that anyone can make a worthwhile sculpture if you use the right marble. Not everyone has the money to invest in that dream camera, nor do some of us equate a monetary investment with passion.
This video should inspire you and get this discussion right back on track...
Hopefully you took tons of neat photos at Disneyland this weekend TC!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service