Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Looking for a pin-up hairstyle for a 'work-in-progress', medium length hair ;)

Hello there!

I'm relatively new to the pin up scene and for a long time I was more of a passive admirer of it than active participants, but I try to merge different styles and I seem to be, every faithfully, drifting down to the glamorous 40s-60s, early 70s. I've had short hair for what seems like ages, mostly because I was at a loss as to what to do with it. It's curly and when it was short I used to just go through it with straighteners and call it a day. I've managed to grow it out to shoulder-length but it's all different lengths and I'm thinking about having it evened out a bit since it annoys me to no end. 

This it in its different phases ;)

Since I'm planning to grow it out for all those delicious Victoria Rolls, I was thinking about something more...even, but still stylish, I was kind of thinking that maybe perhaps something like that:

or that:

would keep it growing out nicely and still give it that vintage feel I'm after. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

Views: 878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://vixenvintage.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-i-do-1940s-hair.html

Look at this link it might be of help.
Also straight hair with just Bains can look vintage and frame your face.

You could keep your hair chin length or a bit longer.  The issue you are are having is all the different lengths to your layers.

Find a good stylist who will help you achieve this growing out period.  Don't try cutting it yourself.  Eat a lot of protein and balanced meals.  

My friends who work out a lot and train...their Hair grows fast  and Protein is what Hair needs.  Don't wash your hair too often.  Three times a week is enough.  Your natural oils help protect your hair.

I would stay away from straighteners or too much flat iron.  It will take all the body and texture out of your Hair.

We use Eufora Organic Products.  Aloxxi Hair Color from Italy.  In my 36 years of Hairdressing....these product lines are outstanding.

To achieve this style....set on medium electric rollers or use a medium barrel curling iron.  Use the iron in a vertical direction.   Let the curls cool....then brush gently.

Once your layers are longer....  you can attempt the barrel curls or Victory rolls.

I hope this info helps you.

Donna

Thanks a bunch, this has been most insightful (and helpful!)

PhotoBug777 said:

You could keep your hair chin length or a bit longer.  The issue you are are having is all the different lengths to your layers.

Find a good stylist who will help you achieve this growing out period.  Don't try cutting it yourself.  Eat a lot of protein and balanced meals.  

My friends who work out a lot and train...their Hair grows fast  and Protein is what Hair needs.  Don't wash your hair too often.  Three times a week is enough.  Your natural oils help protect your hair.

I would stay away from straighteners or too much flat iron.  It will take all the body and texture out of your Hair.

We use Eufora Organic Products.  Aloxxi Hair Color from Italy.  In my 36 years of Hairdressing....these product lines are outstanding.

To achieve this style....set on medium electric rollers or use a medium barrel curling iron.  Use the iron in a vertical direction.   Let the curls cool....then brush gently.

Once your layers are longer....  you can attempt the barrel curls or Victory rolls.

I hope this info helps you.

Donna

Oh god, absolutely gorgeous. Thank you very very much :)

Sasha Porcelaiin said:

http://vixenvintage.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-i-do-1940s-hair.html

Look at this link it might be of help.
Also straight hair with just Bains can look vintage and frame your face.

These are all good choices! You can do tons of stuff with your hair, ladies of this era had shorter curly hair also.  Accessories are cool also.  Bandanas do wonders!:) 

Cherri

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service