Advertise on PinupLifestyle
As many of us are, I'm trying to lose weight and get healthy. I'd like to be able to walk up two flights of stairs without being out of breath, who wouldn't right? But one of my biggest problems is not holding myself accountable. I start off well, but tend to lose momentum after a week or two. So this morning, as i was reading Honey Hooligans blog on weight loss, I thought to myself, I should do this too. This is a great way to keep yourself honest. However, I don't blog, lol. I never have. But I DO spend 95% of my internet time on PL, so I thought, why not start a thread! 

So here is it, I'm putting my self out here for you fine folks to see. What better way to keep myself motivated then by posting up my progress for all my friends to see. If I fail, you'll all know it. And I will be HELLA embarrassed. 

So read if you want, comment if you want, or ignore if you want. More then anything I'm hoping that this will be the thing that works!

So... here we go!!

xoxoxoxo

Roxy

*Edit: if you are trying to lose weight as well, please, start your own post! It will be great to see everyones goals and progress. We all deserve to lose weight and get healthy, don't we also deserve our own threads?!? Just use the same title and change it to your name!!

Let's do this!

Views: 283

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So today I met with my trainer and asked to do a weigh in. The last time I weighed with him was when we started (that was the day after I started this thread).

I have lost 12 lbs!!!

I'm so happy, and so proud of myself. I'm doing really well, getting into the gym 5-6 days a week (who knew I could be a gym person?), lol. I've also been doing really well with my calorie intake, and at the same time I don't feel deprived at all. I still eat my favorite foods (including carbs, no way I would ever give those up!!), and go to my fav restaurants, but I don't do it everyday, only in moderation.

I'm so happy, and I feel amazing!

xoxoxxoxoxox
Measurement update.... just to keep me honest... it helps to post it.

Size: 14
Weight: 193
Bicep (flexed) 13
Bust 42 1/2
Under bust 35 1/2
Natural Waist 37
Belly Button 41
Hips 44
Butt 45 1/2
Thigh 24
I am SO proud of you! I knew you could do it...and I know you can keep doing it! You rock the house you hot mama!

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
So today I met with my trainer and asked to do a weigh in. The last time I weighed with him was when we started (that was the day after I started this thread).

I have lost 12 lbs!!!

I'm so happy, and so proud of myself. I'm doing really well, getting into the gym 5-6 days a week (who knew I could be a gym person?), lol. I've also been doing really well with my calorie intake, and at the same time I don't feel deprived at all. I still eat my favorite foods (including carbs, no way I would ever give those up!!), and go to my fav restaurants, but I don't do it everyday, only in moderation.

I'm so happy, and I feel amazing!

xoxoxxoxoxox
aww good job Roxy, you are doing great and looking good! xo
Thanks loves!! I think I've hit a plateau... I gotta figure out how to ramp it up.
me too! i think its sooo fab. and i have it on me so i can't make any excuses.

Kitty Pratt said:
Roxy Tart {M} said:
I use Lose It on the iphone. Better then anything online because I have it with me at all times. It keeps track of everything I need, and since it's on my phone, every time I turn it on, I'm reminded of my eating plan.

I use the lose it app to and it is awesome! I also love the "Restaurants" App, it had a ton of nutritional info! Congrats on a great Sunday!
Hello all! Well it has taken me silly amount of time to get this written up but I thought some of you could benefit from my weight loss story and journey to a healthier me. Hope you enjoy!
---------
So it all started for me in a toxic relationship for 4 years or so. I had never really worried about my weight because I was always active mainly horseback riding daily when I owned a horse. Then starting a full time job sitting on my ass all day long didn't help either.

I gained 45 pounds on a 5' 4" frame. I know this is not that much weight but for me, the way I felt was not good and I knew something had to change. I was having horrible stomach pains and the doctors (surprise surprise) have no idea how to help me. Smoking cancer sticks for about 10 years wasn't helping either. So, got rid of the stupid boy, threw out all the crap processed food in my kitchen, replaced it with all organic mostly raw foods, quit smoking with the patch, started running and doing pilots daily! YEAH, I know . . . I am nuts!

This didn't ALL happen over night but each one had to happen. I started out slow of course, changed my eating habits and began the workout routine. Those were daily goals for me. The longer goals of quitting smoking all together but that offered daily challenges as well in its own way.My daily thoughts were, I want a cig, I want to eat, I want a cig, I want to eat, blah blah

It became clear that instead of looking at my goal as an overwhelming whole it could only be maintained by viewing DAILY goals for myself. I weighed and took my measurements the day the adventure began and wrote it all down. I need organization to keep myself accountable so I wrote down my workouts. I'd feel guilty if there was a blank day.

Eating Habits
I decided eating foods as close to their original form was the healthiest approach. I began to eat 60% raw foods daily (fruits, veggies, raw cheeses, sashimi) and the remaining 40% could be meats, breads, grains, etc. I tried to make majority organic (difficult with cost and availability).
Breakfast: Fruit Smoothie (large, berries, bananas, yogurt, juice)
Snacks: Fruits, Veggies, Nuts, Cheese,
Lunch: Salad (large, lots of leafy greens, assorted veggies, cheese, healthy dressing)
Dinner: Protein (chicken, fish, red meat) Salad (same as above)
I can never deny myself chocolate so I ate whatever I wanted there just kept it under a reasonable level.
I also tried to steer away from white breads. I replaced white with Whole Grain. Also, tortillas are great for sandwiches.

Workout Routine
Okay so I am a bit of a freak when it comes to this I certainly do not recommend my insanity to anyone else. This is just what I did for myself, adjust as you wish.
    Morning
    Walk/Run on treadmill: first starting running for 5 minutes, walking for 5 minutes for a     total of 30 minutes. (later increasing to 1 hour to 1.5 hours)
I would increase this as it became easier. So I would add a minute to each walk/run interval to 6 minutes each. I wasn't focusing so much on the distance in the beginning because I was really trying to get my heart rate up. If you do like to watch distance, see how long it takes for you to do the walk/run intervals up to 1 mile, then try to push for 1.5 miles, 2 miles, etc.
Eventually I was tired of running on a treadmill and got myself outside! I prefer trails to roads but whatever your choice, get fitted for the right shoes and enjoy! Its not about how fast you go or how far you go, its about getting out there and that's it!
    Evening (1 hour)
    Yoga/Pilates at home videos. I know this isn't for some but its cheaper then the gym :) And NetFlix has all kinds of stuff! I am found of the Mari Winsor PIlates. You'll feel it, I promise. I would also hike or walk in the evenings. Having a dog helps in that department with walks mornings and evenings. I used some light weights (2 lbs and 5lbs), yoga ball, yoga matt

So, that's it. I just made something that works for me and I hope that it helps or inspires anyone interested. I don't claim to know anything about what we should be doing to keep ourselves healthy. It seems logical to move your body daily to get your heart rate up and eat healthy organic foods that are fueling your body not infecting it with chemicals. My stomach issues went away, after I have to say was a not so pleasant period of my body flushing the processed foods out of my system, but once that was all over I  felt so much better. This became not just a goal of loosing the weight but what's more important, being healthy and forming life long good habits. It is a daily challenge and that may never change but I feel so much better for it.
Inspired by my girl Kitty, and after 2 weeks of being REALLY bad, I'm ready to get back to work. My neck is almost healed (I'll take it easy at first) and now that I'm home from all that traveling, it's time to buckle down again.

Back to calorie counting, back to the gym, and I'd like to add some yoga and core work at home. Also, I need to eat more veggies.... they are severely lacking in my diet.

Sooooooo, here we go again!
Roxy,
Way to get back on your plan! I just wanted to tell you though you looked amazing when I saw you at Beatersville! Just look at all your photos girl!! You should be so proud of all the work youve accomplished thus far. I applaud you!
xoxo
Kit
Oh roxy, that'll be so great! I think you're already a really beautiful woman and getting healthy will only make you more goregeous then you already are! You go kick butt!
roxy, way to go getting back "on the wagon." being fit and eating right is hard. i've browsed through the thread a bit and you've come a long way! and you've inspired me to get back to a healthier me too... maybe i should start a thread.

p.s. i agree w/the consensus- you really are beautiful. getting in shape will only make you even hotter stuff!
You ladies are so sweet! Thank you for all the compliments!! I think it's important for us all to be as healthy as we can, so start your own threads, and set some goals!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service