Advertise on PinupLifestyle
While in the chat the other day we briefly talked about dieting before shoots. I was curious to know what your feelings are about it. One comment that was made was "Pin-ups shouldn't diet".

For myself, I diet pretty hard while preparing for a shoot. I'm tall and thin and when I put on more than a pound or two over my "goal weight" I feel as though my muscle tone, skin quality, and energy are not as quality as they should be. Plus I like to feel really light.

When I'm not dieting I have a tendency to overdo it. I must finish my plate and I must have dessert. I usually only diet for a couple weeks before a shoot... I'll eat a good breakfast each morning and then try to make it through the day on just caffeine, and multi vitamins. I might have a GoLean shake depending on how I feel. Then a little something light for dinner (salad, soup). Do you think thats unhealthy???

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm nowhere near thin but I used to do the same when I was trying to get down to a smaller size. I realized that once I reached my goal I went back to the same old habbits and gained back the weight. Miss.Sashi Has a point its best to fing your goal and try and maintain it, and its no harm in indulging yourself with sweets just in moderation....or there are those new 100 cal packs that taste just as good. hope I helped
That is good advice. I just went to the doctor and found out that I have gained 10lbs since summer! In summer I was a little underweight (went through a rough patch) but I had muscle enough to look nice. I have gained a significant amount of muscle since but I KNOW that those budweisers are catchin' up to me. So I think that if I just make a few small changes I can get back on track without the yo-yo.

Bonbon Betty said:
I'm nowhere near thin but I used to do the same when I was trying to get down to a smaller size. I realized that once I reached my goal I went back to the same old habbits and gained back the weight. Miss.Sashi Has a point its best to fing your goal and try and maintain it, and its no harm in indulging yourself with sweets just in moderation....or there are those new 100 cal packs that taste just as good. hope I helped
I exercise regularly and now I eat 5 small meals a day. I've dropped good weight, gained muscle and it's something that is a life change. Yoyo dieting is very damaging to your body. Just make good choices and remember everything in moderation.
Check out my fitness blog!
The more you yoyo diet so to speak the more muscle you end up losing. this causes two problems.
1. you lose muscle and muscle makes you look good
2. losing muscle lowers your metabolism thus causing you to gain weight more quickly and making you have to eat less just to maintain your weight
you need to work on lifestyle changes that you can keep up so that you aren't needing to diet ever. never ever diet "hard"
ask me questions and check out my blog and i will help you if you want me to!
The other thing that I think isn't being stressed enough is to keep active. Exercise. Even if it's walking around the park or the mall or riding a bike. Most physicians recommend 30 min every other day at the very least.

And keep sodas out of a diet all together. Regular or diet...both are bad for you.

Eating healthy is all well and good but you need to keep active in order to stay fit and maintain a goal weight.
This is true that exercise is very important but nutrition is actually more important. Exercise is recommended at a rate of 30 mins at least 5 days a week actually by the American Heart Association.
Everything needs to be done together, fitness, nutrition and proper mindset are all key to being healthy and looking and feeling your best. This is why I suggest that anyone who is interested read my blog, I cover all aspects!
Ellie Retrophilia said:
The other thing that I think isn't being stressed enough is to keep active. Exercise. Even if it's walking around the park or the mall or riding a bike. Most physicians recommend 30 min every other day at the very least.

And keep sodas out of a diet all together. Regular or diet...both are bad for you.

Eating healthy is all well and good but you need to keep active in order to stay fit and maintain a goal weight.
I haven't read the other replies but I'm sure I have the same one. It is very unhealthy! Your body needs food in order for you to loose weight.. you have to fuel your body my friend, that's how it burns the fat! I don't use the word "diet" anymore. It's a horrible word (for me).. I like to call it a lifestyle change.
That's a bit unhealthy, yes.
I just started a little diet myself, I'm not as comfortable or content with my body as I'd like to be.
I bought some MetaboLife diet supplements & some Slim Fast to use as a portion of my breakfast & lunch.

The best way to shed off a few pounds would be to eat 5-6 small portions of healthy foods throughout the day, drink lots of water [or healthy fruit juices] & exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to exercise, but I'm now forcing myself to do it to make a change.
And I'm not usually very careful when it comes to what I'm eating. I can usually eat small portions, simply because it doesn't take much for me to get full, but half the time I'm not eating the most healthy things. And I also drink a lot of sodas, which I have cut off [which sucks, because I love it].

But, I think I will feel a lot healthier & better about myself :)
"Healthy fruit juices" even when 100% juice are still full of sugar (in the form of fructose) and subsequently, calories. If you are going to drink juice and you are planning on losing weight, dilute it or drink only like 4 ounces. All calories count. If you want the fruit taste, go for the actual fruit itself which has more nutrients and will help you stay fuller longer for the amount of calories that is in it compared to the juice.

Heather Zombie said:
I just started a little diet myself, I'm not as comfortable or content with my body as I'd like to be.
I bought some MetaboLife diet supplements & some Slim Fast to use as a portion of my breakfast & lunch.

The best way to shed off a few pounds would be to eat 5-6 small portions of healthy foods throughout the day, drink lots of water [or healthy fruit juices] & exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to exercise, but I'm now forcing myself to do it to make a change.
And I'm not usually very careful when it comes to what I'm eating. I can usually eat small portions, simply because it doesn't take much for me to get full, but half the time I'm not eating the most healthy things. And I also drink a lot of sodas, which I have cut off [which sucks, because I love it].

You don't ever want to drink your calories. Have zero calorie beverages sich as:
water, coffee (depending on what you put in it), tea, water with crystal light packages or special K protein water packages in it.
Yes, I understand that, I'm not talking about regular juice [such as orange, apple, grape, etc], but the healthier ones that you can dilute as you said, but also I thought there were healthy juices like the V8 ones, although I'm not sure how many sugars they even put in those. My fault for not really specifying what I meant.

Marissa Lily said:
"Healthy fruit juices" even when 100% juice are still full of sugar (in the form of fructose) and subsequently, calories. If you are going to drink juice and you are planning on losing weight, dilute it or drink only like 4 ounces. All calories count. If you want the fruit taste, go for the actual fruit itself which has more nutrients and will help you stay fuller longer for the amount of calories that is in it compared to the juice.

Heather Zombie said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service