Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Im an aspiring pin up model i dont really have any photos and im not sure what to do to start or what to expect. I live in new york. And i would love any adivce :) thank you

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First piece of advice is to spend some time reading this forum. Everything you could need is here. There are so many great threads filled with so much great info, you could spend hours reading it. Also, check the casting calls section for photo shoots in your area, and the shows and meet-ups section for events in your area. Good luck!

My advice to you is to do your research. Book shoots with photographers that you look up to. The higher in the "food chain" the more coaching will be available on set.  When you are starting out paying for supreme photos to load up your portfolio is a great idea. It is also great to grab a friend and have them take pictures of you for practice before booking shoots. This allows you to look at your body through the lens and study your angles.Pin up is definitely about poise and confidence.

Don't expect instant success. Pin up modeling is very hard work and it takes time, practice and research. The best tools are old movies and paintings (such as Elvgren).

Take your time, do your research, and be picky about who you shoot with. All in all just have a blast and remember it is all about feeling amazing.

xo

Lauren & Roxy nailed it so I'll let the girls give you tips on getting started in the industry, but I'll be coming to shoot in NYC in the next few months! =) EdsonCarlos.com

Step 1 is researching your style, Step 2 is building your portfolio with solid photography.

Thank you soo much im checking out the threads and i think i have spent a few hours searching already...its alittle addicting
Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
First piece of advice is to spend some time reading this forum. Everything you could need is here. There are so many great threads filled with so much great info, you could spend hours reading it. Also, check the casting calls section for photo shoots in your area, and the shows and meet-ups section for events in your area. Good luck!
Thank you Lauren luck...im starting to do the researchand im not gonna lie theres so much but it really is the most inspiring and fun research i have ever done.Thank you agian for all the tips

Lauren Luck said:

My advice to you is to do your research. Book shoots with photographers that you look up to. The higher in the "food chain" the more coaching will be available on set.  When you are starting out paying for supreme photos to load up your portfolio is a great idea. It is also great to grab a friend and have them take pictures of you for practice before booking shoots. This allows you to look at your body through the lens and study your angles.Pin up is definitely about poise and confidence.

Don't expect instant success. Pin up modeling is very hard work and it takes time, practice and research. The best tools are old movies and paintings (such as Elvgren).

Take your time, do your research, and be picky about who you shoot with. All in all just have a blast and remember it is all about feeling amazing.

xo

your work is beautiful!

Edson Carlos {PL Team} said:
Lauren & Roxy nailed it so I'll let the girls give you tips on getting started in the industry, but I'll be coming to shoot in NYC in the next few months! =) EdsonCarlos.com

Step 1 is researching your style, Step 2 is building your portfolio with solid photography.
Thank you doll! If you'd like me to keep you posted on my travel to NYC, please send me a private message with NEW YORK as the subject line and your email address!

e

RosieRodeo said:
your work is beautiful!

Edson Carlos {PL Team} said:

Yeah, the first thing you've got to watch out for is the GWC or Guy With Camera.

A Guy With Camera is a photographer who can care less about the creative process.  He takes pictures because he wants to be close to girls, get them naked or semi-naked and maybe if he's lucky he get to hook up with them. 

That doesn't mean he's not a good photographer.  Most often, he get very good at his craft because the GWC figures out pretty quick that the better he get, the better looking girls he get access to.

Understand because at it's core, pin up is about sexual enticement, because of that, there are some very very creepy people attracted to it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service