Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Yummmm Imported Coke! It's gonna be a great lunch.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay, imports! Good thing you got two! :)
You can get the good stuff by the case at Costco. Don't leave home without it!
Oooh outa the bottle. I feel so special when I have one of those. They taste so yummy!
Ah man, I was just there, didn't see any..I like to keep them around for photoshoots.
Does it taste better?
From an industrial standpoint, HFCS is easier and cheaper to work with. The calorie counts are the same. But from a consumer standpoint, I'd rather have the sweetener that was less chemically altered. I don't know if I could taste a difference, but I suspect that I could. John Nese, who runs Galco's Soda Pop Stop (LA/Highland Park), says that the flavor of sodas sweetened with cane sugar "pop" better, but the flavors fall off quickly when HFCS is used.

Cassie Wanda said:
Does it taste better?
Absolutely. Never had HFCS 'til I came to North America and took a long time to get used to it. Cane sugar beats your ass sooner than HFCS too, so you tend to consume less. What's really cool is that cane sugar drinks taste different depending on what region they're produced in! Mmmmmm, Zambian Coke out of the itty bitty bottles...

Cassie Wanda said:
Does it taste better?
In plain terms its less Syrupy and thick, its literally refreshing.... doesnt stick to your tongue for an hr afterwards.
I'd have to agree wit you DC...I bought 4 bottles at my local Japanese market yesterday. had one for lunch at my desk~sigh~ all alone.

Daddy Cool said:
In plain terms its less Syrupy and thick, its literally refreshing.... doesnt stick to your tongue for an hr afterwards.
ahhh bottled cokes!! My dad would always treat use with one of those when we went out!!
Rigorous non-scientific testing has proven to me that I can't actually taste a *distinct* difference. Still, I'm sticking with the cane sugar version whenever possible, just to keep away from HFCS!

Great job Wink!

Wink Holliday said:
Rigorous non-scientific testing has proven to me that I can't actually taste a *distinct* difference. Still, I'm sticking with the cane sugar version whenever possible, just to keep away from HFCS!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service