Advertise on PinupLifestyle

How do we really feel about online voting contests? What SUCKS about them?

Update: This is an old thread I stated awhile ago so I'm not in the contest anymore. I see the thread is still kickin though, nice!

OK. So I'm currently in an online voting contest and it's one that I REALLY want to win. I won't shamelessly try to promote it this time though :0)
My thoughts these days are, how fair are they really? Doesn't it seem more like a "who you know" contest rather then judged off of your talent, looks, personality, photography, and what not? Plus, it's so impersonal with the internet running the game. And whatever happened to the old school Pin Up contests that are held in public with judges? Let's bring that back! Maybe start a City to City contest kind of Dr. Sketchy's style? Yeeeeah, now I'm thinking! Awww, s***, I'm onto something. You heard it here first!
(DC, Dee, we will talk about this later, lol)
Luckily, the one I'm in is just boiling down to the last 12 contestants and then it's fairly judged by real people face to face on stage. I'm just curious what the outside looking in perspective is. I know that it is an attempt to get the contest holders company promoted without actually having to network to hundreds at a time which I understand is hard. And I understand that is a give/take because the model gets more face time on their sites and promotion out of it too. Sometimes this goes round and around in my head because I feel like my friends are getting worn thin with voting requests and frankly I'm assuming, a bit annoyed with it. Let's hear it PL!

And s***, if you all respond that you love it Seanna will be holding an online "Seanna's Favorite Pin Ups Contest" in March. You heard that here first too. Snap! (no I'm not drunk, I'm just extremely hyper right now.)

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the PL photo contests because they are focusing on the photo as a whole, not just the girl in them or her cup size, weight, ethnicity, whatever. NONE of that matters if confidence is there as well as heart from the model AND the photographer. A good photo is a good photo and it is not only the girl but the way the photo is taken that matters. All those elements are important.

It is too often forgotten that a quality picture makes all the difference. A good pinup shot to me is a combination of the two....beautiful girl and well-taken photo. Either one without the other just doesn't work.
Online voting systems -- Very lame. Everyone here has pretty much said it all, if it's not a popularity contest, it shouldn't be treated like one and who here likes spam? Plain and simple right?
I've been in a few online contests and have pretty much lost every time because I don't have the time to be on 24/7 to send emails and bulletins for folks to "vote for me". I've got a husband and a son as well as events to attend, job to do etc. I've got a life outside of the internet and as a result that hurts my standings when it comes to online contests. The thing I get irritated about as well is when there is a contest for a company and the company requires the model to wear a product BUT the winner of said contest is wearing something that is barely visible!

I don't hold a whole lot of stock in online contests because well if I lose, whatever. I forget about it. Doesn't effect me too much except for me to go "really?! 1263 votes? I only 45? And the other girls got5 around 45? really?!" And then I'm over it. It's just annoying that it isn't about the photo but who has the most friends and the most time to devote to internet "vote for me" emails.
I've gotten judged for my cup size before...not the most pleasant thing. I applied to be a promo model for a truck and car advertising 'zine that needed girls to attend events to pass out the magazines and talk to folks. I'm an articulate pinup model that LOVES cars...what could be better? Instead, because I wasn't a very curvy girl (read: big enough boobs) I got passed over. I could have definitely excelled at the magazine thing because I love cars, love car shows and will talk to anyone that will listen. That's what promo is about and a lot of companies have lost sight of that and focus on dimensions rather than personality and knowledge.

Christi I *AZVK* said:
I like the PL photo contests because they are focusing on the photo as a whole, not just the girl in them or her cup size, weight, ethnicity, whatever. NONE of that matters if confidence is there as well as heart from the model AND the photographer. A good photo is a good photo and it is not only the girl but the way the photo is taken that matters. All those elements are important.

It is too often forgotten that a quality picture makes all the difference. A good pinup shot to me is a combination of the two....beautiful girl and well-taken photo. Either one without the other just doesn't work.
Very well said, Ellie. Sometimes I struggle to word things, then someone else will pretty much finish my thought so I am like "Yes! What she said! Exactly!"

I know how you feel about stuff like that happening. I myself have been passed over many times for another girl with not even HALF my heart or experience because she was "curvy". It seems that so many beautiful girls who DO take great photos and have HEART and soul in her game......but who may not have the biggest boobs or be the skinniest gal ever........get passed over for a girl who is willing to show more and brown-nose total strangers.....with no shame for either action.

When did pinup become all about who can kiss ass the most and "hustle" their way to the top? Why should anyone have to act this way in order to win a contest, live or online, or get their photos in a magazine?

I refuse to brown nose anyone or alter my body parts in any way. Those are two things that totally go against who I am and I will not sacrifice that. Please no one get offended, this is MY own personal thing, I do not have anything against people with plastic surgery.

I think that if you look at most of the well-known pinups who have true staying power and are timeless fixtures in the scene (like Bernie Dexter, Heidi Van Horne, Dayna Delux for example) They stayed true to themselves, developed their own unique style, and retained class throughout their whole career.

Ellie Retrophilia said:
I've gotten judged for my cup size before...not the most pleasant thing. I applied to be a promo model for a truck and car advertising 'zine that needed girls to attend events to pass out the magazines and talk to folks. I'm an articulate pinup model that LOVES cars...what could be better? Instead, because I wasn't a very curvy girl (read: big enough boobs) I got passed over. I could have definitely excelled at the magazine thing because I love cars, love car shows and will talk to anyone that will listen. That's what promo is about and a lot of companies have lost sight of that and focus on dimensions rather than personality and knowledge.

Christi I *AZVK* said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service