Advertise on PinupLifestyle

How do we really feel about online voting contests? What SUCKS about them?

Update: This is an old thread I stated awhile ago so I'm not in the contest anymore. I see the thread is still kickin though, nice!

OK. So I'm currently in an online voting contest and it's one that I REALLY want to win. I won't shamelessly try to promote it this time though :0)
My thoughts these days are, how fair are they really? Doesn't it seem more like a "who you know" contest rather then judged off of your talent, looks, personality, photography, and what not? Plus, it's so impersonal with the internet running the game. And whatever happened to the old school Pin Up contests that are held in public with judges? Let's bring that back! Maybe start a City to City contest kind of Dr. Sketchy's style? Yeeeeah, now I'm thinking! Awww, s***, I'm onto something. You heard it here first!
(DC, Dee, we will talk about this later, lol)
Luckily, the one I'm in is just boiling down to the last 12 contestants and then it's fairly judged by real people face to face on stage. I'm just curious what the outside looking in perspective is. I know that it is an attempt to get the contest holders company promoted without actually having to network to hundreds at a time which I understand is hard. And I understand that is a give/take because the model gets more face time on their sites and promotion out of it too. Sometimes this goes round and around in my head because I feel like my friends are getting worn thin with voting requests and frankly I'm assuming, a bit annoyed with it. Let's hear it PL!

And s***, if you all respond that you love it Seanna will be holding an online "Seanna's Favorite Pin Ups Contest" in March. You heard that here first too. Snap! (no I'm not drunk, I'm just extremely hyper right now.)

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have pl thought of a pinup book ? or has that been done , i have a model b thats really pretty x
Attachments:
I think if the contest thing gets too out of control, it is gonna water down the lifestyle.....in fact I think it already has a little bit. Almost every car show has a pinup contest now, which is heavily focused on, there is another online contest every blink of the eye.....I have opted out of entering every pinup contest that has come my way since I did one a few years ago....that one was all I needed to turn me totally off from it. Like I said before I have a fragile ego and that is part if it, but more than anything it is the bad mojo surrounding alot of these contests. I have seen some catty BS go down as an observer of some of those contests and it makes the girls look totally ridiculous.......and not anyone I, and I am sure alot of other folks, would want representing the scene.

The competition between girls that some of these contests have created is a negative energy and breeds cattiness. I, and I am sure alot of others, are fed up with catty BS in their lives and avoid it as much as possible.

Is it really about winning or losing, being the best, the most popular, etc? Why should it be about one girl who is the "best" or percievingly the most beautiful.... we are ALL beautiful and no one is better than anyone else. Just be the best you can at what you do, be confident, treat others with kindness and respect, and it will come to you.

"The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well, and doing well whatever you do without thought of fame"
You'll all be happy to know that our contest is a PHOTO contest and took into account ALL the feedback provided. I really hope you all enter to see how it is to be part of a fair contest for once!

http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/page/photo-of-the-month-contest

dc
I hear and agree with the fact that it's just kinda tacky to send "vote for me" messages. However, I'm so excited about the monthly contests for PI...I love being in contests, and that includes online...I guess I don't expect to win though cause I don't have many friends online...but it's some experience for a newbie! and it's something to look forward to and have fun with. i won't be sending vote for me messages though.
PL is a whole other story. You guys actively support the lifestyle and the love of the scene as a whole (which is the whole point of being into pinup in the first place IMO) not just the look....

You also encourage a positive environment, which is well needed it seems these days.

Daddy Cool {PL} said:
You'll all be happy to know that our contest is a PHOTO contest and took into account ALL the feedback provided. I really hope you all enter to see how it is to be part of a fair contest for once!

http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/page/photo-of-the-month-contest

dc
I think they are lame and seem like a childhood popularity contest. It's a shameless plug for popularity just like having a ton of "friends" on your facebook or myspace. LOL!
send me a link and i'll send a vote over:) yeah online contest can suck sometime.They have 1000s of friends to vote and you got 100-400 friends.I got a lil over 800 friends now.It can be hard milking votes and to compete with other girls that are "popular".The #1 thing i hate about online contests,people are able to cheat too,they can make fake myspaces or able to rig more votes on the computer by changing the ip adress,if its one of those contests one vote per ip adress.Yeah i've done a few and i don't have hard feelings when i lose.I did a live pinup contest about a week ago and i had a blast even though i lost,i want to do more live contests now:)good luck
I know this thread is supposed to be about "online" contests but I really wasn't sure where else to post this. It's contest related.....

I was just over on the Viva Las Vegas group on MySpace, and someone was suggesting a "Miss Viva Las Vegas 2010 Competition"....not related to the burlesque but a whole seperate additional contest at VLV. Ugh, competition....that word just irks me any more these days. It makes me think of contact sports. So basically they want to have a beauty pageant and the 12 girls will be picked for a VLV calendar.

Good grief.....am I the only one that thinks this is silly and unnecessary? I mean the calendar idead is great, but why does it have to be of just girls? There are so many other people and things that make Viva what it is.

I copy and posted my reply to this here....

I am so over contests, personally.

I don’t think Viva needs this. We already have too many pinup contests breeding cattiness amongst girls and attracting the wrong kind of people to the scene.

I think the burlesque at Viva being a judged as a "contest" is enough.....I actually kind of wish it was just a burlesque show instead of there having to be a "winner"

As far as a calendar, the idea is pretty cool, sort of like having a little piece of Viva with you all year round.....but without a big competition as to who is gonna be in it. Why does it have to be ONE girl each month? I think cool shots of Viva with multiple groups of not only girls but awesome people in general, CARS, and BANDS would amazing. Let’s not forget, Viva is all about the cars, the music, and the people as a whole......it’s not a beauty contest.

I think all the real ladies in the scene are beautiful....no matter the shape, size, hair color, skin color, cup size, weight, number of tattoos....what the f*** ever.

Alot of us got into this scene because we felt we had a place to go and come together over our love for old music, cars and fashion......not our aesthetics. I think there has become wayyyy too much emphasis on "pin up girls" and the glamour aspect of everything....and everything else seems to take a back burner to it lately. Yeah, we ladies look great posing on the cars but lets not forget the CAR itself, and especially the person who has put their heart and soul, and last dollar into making the machine.......Lets not forget the amazing bands that work so hard and travel long distances to play at Viva.....
I mush agree that it's all about who is known more, the more friends you have the higher chances of you wining. Contest should be run live and judges should pick the winner. Although most contest are run through online now a days you must register with webpages just to vote. Some say its a save way to win a contest, but I ask myself is the contest really fair or not????
They'd be okay if you didn't have to sign up for the contest holders website ( which will then SPAM your a$$) later... my .02 cents .. Oh and also receiving those pesky post from the models ..." please vote for me " over and over on myspace bulletins.... F**kin' annoying !!!!!
How did you like the PL contest!?

Flat Black Photography said:
They'd be okay if you didn't have to sign up for the contest holders website ( which will then SPAM your a$$) later... my .02 cents .. Oh and also receiving those pesky post from the models ..." please vote for me " over and over on myspace bulletins.... F**kin' annoying !!!!!
PL contest is good I think.... I like the idea of just posting the pic's and letting the people decide on the best one ..... I personally don't like to spam other people cause I hate getting spammed about contests....So keep up the good work PL TEAM ..... Let the art speak for itself !!! Oh yeah ... maybe a cash prize .... :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service