Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Sorry if this has been talked about in the past...
I LOVE all the names people come up with. Just wondering how you landed on the name you are currently using.
I'm sure you have a great story that goes with that cute name. Let's hear them!

Views: 2934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First , i was going by my real name, because i thought it sounded professional, but then i realized that you dont go by ur real name. Annnd some people started to shorten my name to Fran, or Franny ..annd i dont like those names, so then i said screw it, I'll go by Frankie which is already a nic name for my REAL name. But then my husband said You should be Frankie Fairlane like the car, because you like Ford more than Chevy & its Classic!. But noww, sommme people have started to make up a new nick name for me too! omg! lol which is Frankie-Frankenstein because of my Frankie Tatt!! lol! This is why i gave my daughter a name where no one could make up a nicname for her...however, my folks still found a way to create a nic name for her! lol oh well. :-)
we tried picking the most non-hispanic name there was for a girl. Mila Isis Rodriguez. i have yet to find another mexican Mila...

Frankie Fairlane{PLA} said:
.... This is why i gave my daughter a name where no one could make up a nicname for her...however, my folks still found a way to create a nic name for her! lol oh well. :-)
Originally I was Renee Roulette purely because I wanted the French twist, but then Roxie just sounded more pin up-y and didn't restrict me looks wise. My sister said I should be called 'Hannah Lulu' (a pun on Honolulu) but as Hannah is my real name and I'm not really a tiki kinda person I didn't use it, but please, anyone else is welcome to it!
My Husband named me, Honey ('cause he says I'm sweet as Honey), B. because he says I'm the Queen Bee, and Hooligan because of our mutual love/obsession of European football. :D

TA-DA!
I love cats more than anything, and I have a huge thing for Japanese culture. The "Maneki Neko", or Beckining Cat, is a good luck symbol from Japan and I've been in love with them since childhood. (I've now got a Maneki Neko tattoo on my back.) So, cat love= neko love= me!
Ooh, I just love hearing all these stories! Keep 'em coming girls. :)
Left or Right paw? :)

Neko Love said:
I love cats more than anything, and I have a huge thing for Japanese culture. The "Maneki Neko", or Beckining Cat, is a good luck symbol from Japan and I've been in love with them since childhood. (I've now got a Maneki Neko tattoo on my back.) So, cat love= neko love= me!
Interesting replies! It's neat to read this! Well, when I was young people used to try and figure out how to shorten or change my name (Elaine) and somebody called me Lainey (and I hated it). But as I grew older, I kinda liked it and decided this was a chance to use it. The Belle came from when I used to work at Disneyland and I always had to wear my long blonde hair up in a bun with sideswept bangs. Everybody thought I looked so much like Tinker Bell they used to call me Tink. So, I just switched it for the Bell, added an e on the end so it looks fancy and there ya go! :)
I was born with it! But I think it has a nice ring to it ;)
Mine is pretty easy...my momma always said I looked just like my great gramma Isabel so she always called me Belle, I've been dancing my whole life so the first time I heard Art Adams Dancin Doll it just clicked for me! Later I found out that a lot of friends were calling me Belle because they would say the girl with the Belvedere...My REAL name is Velma :-D
Well i'm obsessed with Hello Kitty, so that's where kitty comes from. Camrai is a mix of my kid's names (Camber & Railin). I sorta been thinking about changing it mostly because there are so many kitty's out there already :(
Raquelle is the name of one of my favorite anime characters, and I like it's vague reference to the amazing Raquel Welch, and the unique spelling of it. Vega because I knew I wanted to use the letter V in my name (it evokes so many great things, such as Vargas, Vintage, Vegas, etc), and Vega is the name of a very famous star in our relative astronomical neighborhood. One of my favorite movies, Contact (with Jodie Foster), is centered around the star Vega. I studied astronomy in school for a while and was convinced I was going to work for NASA someday (didn't work out), so stars hold great meaning to me. So not only does the name Vega hold meaning for me, I can also say I'm named after a star ;)

I didn't want something too distinctly 50's, as I hope to do some Alt modeling as well, and I didn't want something that was SO obviously made-up. The really cutesy names that are clearly fake names have a great flow and ring to them, but I wanted something that was slightly in the realm of being possible as someone's real name. I tell people Raquel is my given first name (to which I changed the spelling slightly), and that Vega is actually my middle name. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service