Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Sorry if this has been talked about in the past...
I LOVE all the names people come up with. Just wondering how you landed on the name you are currently using.
I'm sure you have a great story that goes with that cute name. Let's hear them!

Views: 2942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my really good friends actually gave me my name... it started as a nickname, after the Mae West/ W.C. Fields movie "My Little Chickadee" except he always called me "my darling chickadee". But yeah... it just kinda snowballed and now I have it tattooed across my chest. I liked it alot better than other nicknames I've had! (Corky back in elementary school after that really hyper lady on Murphy Brown)
Hee hee! He's got his left paw up, but I actually chose that paw because I'm left handed! (South PAW) I'd like to get another Neko tattoo, and have his right paw up, just so I'll have all the luck-bases covered. :D

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
Left or Right paw? :)

Neko Love said:
I love cats more than anything, and I have a huge thing for Japanese culture. The "Maneki Neko", or Beckining Cat, is a good luck symbol from Japan and I've been in love with them since childhood. (I've now got a Maneki Neko tattoo on my back.) So, cat love= neko love= me!
Love reading all the stories, keep them coming!
Dolly is my given name. My daddy named me after his favorite great-aunt who was a pinup (she graced a plane & some bombs in WWII). So, I figured I'd stick with that. Marlowe, however, is a nod to the Philip Marlowe detective stories by Raymond Chandler. The Big Sleep is one of my favorite movies & my dad does a great Bogie impression. So, my name is an expression of my love for vintage history and my dad.
My husband said I had a lot of balls running around in public in my underpants so we could take photos. So, I settled on Lotta Balls. Except Facebook wouldn't accept that, and Lotta Courage was born.
Shalynn is my real name, Monrose came from my love for Marilyn Monroe and roses..thus creating "Shalynn Monrose". <3
*Oh I had all the Jem and the Hologram gals growing up*...great name~

XOXO
Dollie J. Troublemaker

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Roxy came from Jem and the Holograms. I've always loved the Misfits, and although Pizazz was my fav, Roxy had the best name. I always knew it would be my stage name, and I've been using it since I was 18.

Tart came along later. I was putting together a burlesque troop called "Better then Cheesecake", and all the girls were named after deserts. So I became Roxy Tart. Add to that the fact that I like the character Roxie Heart from Chicago...and PERFECT!
ooohhhh fun one!

I LOVE Dolly Parton because she's got that free spirit that can't be held back combined with charm, southern manners and a "I will kick your A$$ if you mess with me" attitude. The J represents my last name and the troublemaker aspect is because I have always been the one to get myself and others into trouble. The other day my galfriend was telling me there's a song by Pink called troublemaker and told me to listen to it b/c she said it was me through and through. I heard it and 'bout died laughing from the irony!

great topic!

XOXO
Dollie J. Troublemaker
Thank you!!

Dollie J. Troublemaker said:
*Oh I had all the Jem and the Hologram gals growing up*...great name~

XOXO
Dollie J. Troublemaker

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
Roxy came from Jem and the Holograms. I've always loved the Misfits, and although Pizazz was my fav, Roxy had the best name. I always knew it would be my stage name, and I've been using it since I was 18.

Tart came along later. I was putting together a burlesque troop called "Better then Cheesecake", and all the girls were named after deserts. So I became Roxy Tart. Add to that the fact that I like the character Roxie Heart from Chicago...and PERFECT!
I LOVED Jem! haha,anyway...
Starla was a name in some B movie film that I was half watching,I heard the name and went THATS IT! James is easy to remember and more common, I knew i wanted something more simple at the end,so just chose James.

At the time there were no other Starlas in the pinup or burlesque industry. I did my research heavily as I do with anything like that, and I suggest to anyone who is choosing a stage name to do the same,check that there are no similar or same names,as it can become very confusing when someone wants to book you, they could book the wrong gal! and you dont want that...I have never had this happen personally,but know that it can.

Make sure you are happy with your choice, maybe say it over to yourself for about a week,after researching ,and if you are still happy,go for it ! and grab it :)

xxxx
I made up my name without the initial intention that it would actually stick. It was more so originally just to be used as a Myspace display name, back in the day. You know how all the cool kids used to do. =0p
Tessa is my actual first name in "real life". I liked how Tessa The Taunt rolled off the tongue, and to make it seem more like an actual name, Tessa LeTaunt was then created. I've considered changing my stage name a few times, although I don't think I could ever go on to do so. I like that I really AM Tessa, and don't have to hide behind an alias.
Fun stories...I am Violett because, well its just MY color! And Riot seems to describe my all around personality...I am just a riot! haha
I was Violett Riot before I became a pinup model...it was actually invented to describe my punk rock/artistic personality.
I also go by Tess LaCoil when I switch gears to a roller derby girl....I sometimes wonder how I don't get confused!
~V

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service