Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Or in our case, "apartment-o-lantern", lol.

I'm impatient. Halloween needs to hurry up and get here already! I went ahead and got a head start on decorating... as you (and all of our neighbors) can see.
Anyway, this was a super simple (and cheap) project. Thought I'd share!

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hahaha, i do this kinda thing! everyone's like, "but isn't it too early?!" NO!!! fun fun fun
Hehe. I did this more so as a surprise for my son when his dad dropped him off at my house for "Mommy Week". I knew it was going to be dark by the time he got here, so I had it all set up and waiting for him. He's three and therefor easily entertained and amused. He loves his "pumpkin face".

GiGi Von Vroom said:
hahaha, i do this kinda thing! everyone's like, "but isn't it too early?!" NO!!! fun fun fun
i've had my little girl, who's also 3 helping me pick decorations when we see them. i've always made the house spooky, but this year i'm going to tone it down a bit for her. i just hope her dad doesn't spend his time scaring the crap out of her when she's visiting him. he works Knott's Berry Farms Halloween Haunt every year!
You HAVE to tell us how you did it! I'm moving this thread to DIY so you are forced to!!
That is so wonderfully awesome! I love Halloween.
I love it, my husband told me that I have to wait until at least September first, then all Halloween decor is legal. My neighbors think that I am insane.
That looks rad! I love it! I work in a little retro kitchen store and already put out Halloween inventory...I couldn't help it!!!
AWESOME! I bet your son went crazy when he saw that!
Bahhh. Okay, okay. It's simple, really. I'll explain in a nut shell:
Take a black vinyl table cloth (one of the big rectangular disposable ones) and cut it to size to fit your window. Be sure to give an extra couple of inches so you don't end up with any gaps.
Draw out your pumpkin face onto the vinyl after you've cut it to size. I used a black permanent marker, which worked just fine. I could tell what I drew and wouldn't have to worry about any lines being visible from a distance. You can also use paper to draw out the shapes and then trace them onto the vinyl, however I just free-handed it.
Tape the vinyl into your window. If you have two windows side-by-side like mine, be sure your image meets up evenly in the middle. It's trickier than you'd think.
Once it's all up, you can tape down any parts that flop over. The teeth, for example. I taped them to the window to keep them upright.
Lastly, tape some orange tissue paper over the eyes, nose, and mouth. Put a lamp in your window to illuminate the face and give it a true jack-o-lantern feel, and voila!

See what I mean when I said CHEAP?! Most places carry vinyl table cloths for only a dollar. The same goes for tissue paper.

You can also use cardboard instead of a vinyl table cloth. Just cut it to the size of your window(s), paint it black, then go from there as I did with my table cloth. It might actually be easier, and would definitely stay up longer. I just couldn't find any cardboard that would be big enough to fit in our awkward windows.

I still have two more windows that I want to do this in as well, although I can't decide exactly what I want to do... I think I may do a creepy full moon in the kid's room. That would look pretty cool when lit up with a lamp. I wonder how it would look if I had bats flying around it. Black tissue paper may not illuminate as well as I'd hope, though.
Hmmm....

Roxy Tart {Madam} said:
You HAVE to tell us how you did it! I'm moving this thread to DIY so you are forced to!!
So cool!
Wow pretty neat..... good idea
Never too early for Halloween, I have two plastic pumpkins on my desk at home at all times.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service