Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hi,
I am new to this site and pin up photography would love any opinions on some of my work i have posted on my page and in the calender contest. BTW I do not use photoshop I believe women are beautiful just the way they are with a little help from some makeup and great lighting of course :)

Thanks so much!
Mistie

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great work! Very clean for not being photoshopped.
Beautiful photos. I like your style. Simple and sexy Only criticism I might have is the lady in the red dress has a bit of the "duck lips" going on. The wardrobe and overall look is fantastic!
Hi Simone

I think you are already developing a great style. A few minor points, and they are nit-picking, but ith your upside down shots I think legs look more elegant when the kness are close together and feet not splayed out too far. The one with the girl holding the shoe I'd have photoshopped out the label on the sole as it distracts from a great image. and the one with the red background the girls bust has been a tad overexposed - better to slightly underexpose and lighten in post production. Once it is overexposed you can get any tones back ulness you paint them in.

But lovely pictures - I bet the models loved them!
The photos are lovely, and you are definitely headed in the right direction. My only criticisms are with the exposure on some of the photos (mainly over exposure) that's really hard to get rid of post production. And with the posing. Try and pay close attention to leg placement, arm placement and facial expression. In those lying down poses, the knees and feet should be touching in order to create a long line from toe to hip.

Great work, Keep it up!
The advice I would give you is the same piece of advice my former editor gave me.

"I don't want you showing how much of an artist you are. Tell me something. Tell me a story. Otherwise it's just masturbation."

Actually he used a much more colorful word than "masturbation".

The danger with pinup photography is that it's so highly formulaic and highly derivative. Everybody is literally is copying someone else.

Get yourself a copy of "Peep-Machine Pin-Ups, 1940's-1950's Mutoscope Art" http://www.amazon.com/Peep-Machine-Pin-Ups-1940s-1950s-Mutoscope-Sc... and you'll see what I mean.

What I would ask is can you take the standard formulas and make them yours? Is it more about you or the subject? Can you make the image compelling? Can you tell a story?
I'm no photographer but one thing that drives me crazy is when models dont point their toes. It usually makes your legs look much longer and (in my opinion) improves the overall image. The only critique I would give you is to make sure your models point their toes and make sure their feet arent all wonky. The model's feet in your first pic (your display pic) look very strange to me. Other than that I love your photos, especially the one with the b&w girl looking in the mirror and her face is color in the mirror, Very original idea!
Thanks!
I hadn't looked at it that way before :)

richardwangphotography said:
The advice I would give you is the same piece of advice my former editor gave me.

"I don't want you showing how much of an artist you are. Tell me something. Tell me a story. Otherwise it's just masturbation."

Actually he used a much more colorful word than "masturbation".

The danger with pinup photography is that it's so highly formulaic and highly derivative. Everybody is literally is copying someone else.

Get yourself a copy of "Peep-Machine Pin-Ups, 1940's-1950's Mutoscope Art" http://www.amazon.com/Peep-Machine-Pin-Ups-1940s-1950s-Mutoscope-Sc... and you'll see what I mean.

What I would ask is can you take the standard formulas and make them yours? Is it more about you or the subject? Can you make the image compelling? Can you tell a story?
I completly see what your saying.
Thanks so much!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:
The photos are lovely, and you are definitely headed in the right direction. My only criticisms are with the exposure on some of the photos (mainly over exposure) that's really hard to get rid of post production. And with the posing. Try and pay close attention to leg placement, arm placement and facial expression. In those lying down poses, the knees and feet should be touching in order to create a long line from toe to hip.

Great work, Keep it up!
Absolutely, it's my pleasure. Your photos are beautiful, remember to always be learning, always strive to be better than you are, and you have a bright future ahead of you.

MistieSimone Photography said:
I completly see what your saying.
Thanks so much!

Honey B Hooligan {Madam} said:

Great work, Keep it up!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service