Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm looking for some help describing authentic women's clothing from the 1940's. What would be your dream outfit to find in a long forgotten crate? Everything from dress brands, shoes, undergarments, and garnishment. The exact year is 1949. I'm hoping to dress a character in your ideas.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kind of like this picture only more glamorous, more vogue
ok, so a fitting dress with peticoat under it to acentuate my waist
a tiny adorable hat on top of my perfectly pin curled/finger waved hair
bullet bra and seamed stockings with matching garter for sure
shoes to match, peeptoe shoes
nice ear rings and perfectly placed makeup
and gloves, must have gloves!
That's great. I especially like the pin curls. I wouldn't have thought of that detail. So is there a pattern to the dress? What fabric would it be made from?
This is a fantastic question and I have a pretty good answer I think. My dream outfit would be a beautiful salmon colored cocktail dress designed by Sciaperelli, the length would be to mid-calf and the fabric would be a drapey cold rayon. It would have a jeweled neckline, rounded and have intricate beading around the top yoke. The beading would be either oriental in nature or of some type of bird with a long feathered tail. The dress would have fully fashioned short sleeves with lots of drape and the top would flow into a peplum style that would have an angled hem. The shoes would probably be of a gold or silver peeptoe platform with ankle straps and a chunky heel. Under the dress would be pink silk tap pants and stockings with a pink floral garter belt and seamless stockings. The bra would match the tap pants of course in a pink satin bullet style. The hair would be in a finger wave style, no bangs but long curls with a side part and brushed to the side a la "Gilda" style from Rita Hayworth. In terms of accessories either a matching clamper bracelet and earrings with carved florals throughout or a dynamite rhinestone multilayer bracelet.

How's that!?
Thanks for this. It was fun, now let me wipe the druel off.
Hey GT -
Here are some suggestions. Also, the ultimate 40s glamour and everyday fashion and style reference is the movie "The Women", from 1943. check this out.
Attachments:
Here's more
Attachments:
You Rock, Bree!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!