Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hi all,

My mum's getting married on the 13th June and I want to whip up a nice vintage hairstyle. The problem is I'm not very talented in the hair area of things. I can get my hair to go curly after leaving rollers in for a few hours but on the morning of her wedding day I won't have time to do that...I have curling irons but the curls tend to fall out after a few hours.

I'd love to get a Veronica Lake style 'do or something Rita Hayworthy.

I've attached a photo of me where you can see how long my hair is...a few inches below the shoulder and it's naturally wavy - you can sort of see in the photo but the light's behind me so it's not that clear - sorry!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! The easier the better...I'm also thinking of wearing a mini top hat fascinator if that factors into any ideas!

Thanks so so much!

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try a thermal setting spray in conjunction with your curling iron. It should help hold the curls, without getting as "crunchy" as regular hairspray can be. And practice, practice, practice!
well now.. i find the best way to curl is actually with a flat iron beleive it or not... that's how i always do my hair! because they heat so much hotter than any other tool your curls last all day and it's quick and easy too! you just need a narrow one, and you clamp a small sectionof the hair near your scalp and gently twist the iron as you slide it down the section! it's that easy! then you can pin or place however you like! you may need some practice first so start trying it out befor the big day! good luck!
I use hot rollers and let it set for about an hour, then gently comb the curls into waves. Spritzing a little leave in conditioner will help hold the curl if your hair is really clean. If you google hot roller set I think you can find a map on the specific directions in which to place the rollers to create the desired curl. After all of that just hair spray. I also pull the hair from the smaller side of the part and pin it behind me ear and place a flower or bow.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks ladies!

I'm thinking of getting some of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-3035U-Thermo-Ceramic-Rollers/dp/B0...

I bought some heat protection spray and "expert leave in thickening conditioner" yesterday so if I order those hot rollers hopefully I should be okay! I've tried curling my hair with my straightners but it always leaves a dent at the top of my hair, they are quite wide though. Need to get my practise in!

I may have to join up to the Cosmo Lounge at somepoint soon, I'll see how I go with the hot rollers first though - I haven't got too much money at the moment! Ahh if it grew on trees...*sigh*

Thanks a lot anyways, once I've made some attempts I might post pictures for you to giggle at! :)
My hair has a hard time holding curl, but I have found styles that hold longer, and occasionally use something called "texture blast" by KMS prior to curling my hair.

The last few months I have been perfecting my "Rita Hayworth"/"Veronica Lake" look on my hair (although I have black hair and not red or blonde.) I first used a 1 and 1/4 inch curling iron, but with your length of hair, I would use a 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch curling iron. I will try to describe this as accurately as I can:

Wash and blow dry your hair. Freshly blowdryed hair will hold curl longer. Part your hair on the side. Take the hot curling iron and curl all your hair under around your whole head. Then, take a piece, along your forehead, and close to your scalp, wrap the piece under around the curling iron ONCE. This will create a half curl. Remove the curling iron, flip it over, slide the curling iron to the bottom of the half curl and wrap around the curling iron in the opposite direction as the first wrap. This will create an "s" wave. Continue the procedure down and stop near the bottom where it is curled under already. Do it with a smaller piece on the other side of your face. I only do it to frame my face, and when I look at old photos of Rita it looks like the wave is just around her face, not the whole head. The back has the ends curled under.

Anyone who saw my hair at Booze Broads and Hotrods can tell you it is a procedure that works to create that "Rita Hayworth" look.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service