Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Hello everyone!  I am a noobie to all of this as far as doing this look as an adult.  And I am a twenty something looking for advice and help to create a retro pinup look that will be flattering and hopefully not cost an arm and a leg. lol  I used to do vintage when I was younger and a size 0 and there was lots of vintage where I lived at the time.... But no longer being such a small size, as well as moving out in the middle of nowhere, I have been having a hard time trying to find items that I like that will fit my adult size.  :P

Yes I miss the Dallas thrift shops!

So I am here to ask for advise as to where I might find fashions that would suit my size 12-14 hour glass shape.  I do sew some and would love to know pattern companies as well as already made ones.  Vintage would be even better, but in my size they seem to run very high in price.  And being on a budget, I just want to wise in my purchases.   So I was thinking about what to buy first so that I can work up to a full wardrobe that won't break the bank.

I am good for basic shoes, with a great pair of black heels, a pair of black polka dot wedges, a brown t strap pair and and lastly a gray and black pair of heels.  I am working on a black crinoline and have lots of material that would be appropriate for all kinds of outfits.  My mom let me have all of the material she had bought for me when I was in my reenactment stage so much of it is at least 6-10 yards.  So yardage should be okay   

So thanks in advance for some hints and helps!

Vivica

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you do a search through the Fashion and Shopping section, you'll find many threads about shopping. And the DIY section should help out with patterns. 

But to start you out, here's our official Where to Shop thread. http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/where-to-shop

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service