Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hi all! I'm working on a costume idea for this Halloween, and I need a few tips on where to find just the right stuff.
My roommate wanted me to go as Barbie, and I thought it would be a neat little twist to do a Playboy Bunny Barbie (there really was one, I looked it up!). I have the shoes, the leotard, and the ears (all pink) ready to buy, and I already own the the cuffs and collar/tie.

What I need now are the name tag and the big, oversized bunny tail! I want it to look as close to the real thing as possible, so the tail's gotta be REALLY big. Hope someone can help!

Thanks.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well if you cant find a tail at a halloween store. hows about sewing one! it would be simple. take some cloth(cotton, felt, realy anything) fold it in half, cut a circle how ever big you want your tail to be (making sure you cut through both sides, make sure the side of the material you DONT want to be facing out is the one your looking at when you are sewing, sew the circle together except a h*** you can stuff your stuffing through . now turn your sewed circle inside out, the side you want to show should be on the outside now and your h*** should still be there. now stuff your circle! sew your h*** shut when you have reached the fluffiness you desire.

now, you could either find a fuzzy material that looks like white/pink fur and make your curcle out of that(making sure your fur is on the inside when sewing, then outside when stuffing.
OR, use any material and cover your stuffed circle with a fake fur like material.
after your done sew or hot glue a pin to the backside so you can pin it to your costume!
and TA DA , bunny tail!
Think Delyssia has hit the nail on the head. To make a nice big one, Your gonna have to make it.
As much of a B***h fur fabric (they call it FUN fur, someone was having a joke there LOL) is to work with, its going to be easier than making a tail and then putting the fluff on it.
Not sure what your sewing level is like, but if you get stuck feel free to ask
Delyssia is right, you should definately sew one!
I have zero sewing skills, except some stitching. I think I know the fabric you're talking about: my mom used it when she made costumes for us as kids. I did make a smaller tail out of cotton balls and saran rap, but it didn't work too well. If I understand correctly, with the "fun" fabric, I cut out a large circle and wrap it to form a big ball, leave a h*** and stuff it with...cotton?

Betty Maraschino {Madam} said:
Think Delyssia has hit the nail on the head. To make a nice big one, Your gonna have to make it.
As much of a B***h fur fabric (they call it FUN fur, someone was having a joke there LOL) is to work with, its going to be easier than making a tail and then putting the fluff on it.
Not sure what your sewing level is like, but if you get stuck feel free to ask
Here're a few pictures of what i'm looking for:
Attachments:
You wouldn't need to sew it. A lot of the fun fur has a mesh backing, so it's easy to hot glue.

Actually, I found some "designer fur" at Michael's for $2, and I think I'll go with the stuffing and stitching approach and see where it gets me. Thanks for the help!
Tattooed Doll's Custom Jewelry said:
You wouldn't need to sew it. A lot of the fun fur has a mesh backing, so it's easy to hot glue.
Hot glue is a costume makers secret weapon! If you can't sew it then chances are you can glue it.lol It comes with me to performances in case of wardrobe malfunctions.

Tattooed Doll's Custom Jewelry said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service