Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hello all! My name is Jacqueline and I am new both to this site and the wonderful world of burlesque. I am taking a 3 course intro series at Bombshell Betty's in San Francisco.

I'm very nervous, as I've never done anything similar before. I have some body image issues- I have recently lost 135 pounds through weight loss surgery so my body isn't exactly perfect. I've got some extra skin issues that I'm not sure how to conceal. I found an underbust corset to help with the tummy issues but I'm quite nervous about the rest.

Has anyone had similar issues to overcome? Or some advice for a newbie?

Thanks for any help y'all might be able to give. ;)

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi jacqueline, firstly welcome to the site!
I'm just trying to start out at burlesque to, wouldn't have thought I would be a few years ago as I had a major op and a year after key h*** surgery so my stomoch is covered in scars. I've been using bio oil and it's made them go down alot but they are still there but I have just learnt to love them, they represent how lucky I am to still be alive I guess what's not to love bout that lol

as a result tho I suffer from alot of pain and my stomoch bloats out and makes me look pregnant which I don't love, but I just concentrate on the good days and bring that confidence in to my posing/performance.
You must have good days too right? Where you look in mirror and think damn I look good lol

I don't know if I'm helping or just rambling but I thought I'd share my tummy issue anyway just to show you we all got something and no one is perfect but if your confident others will think your perfect and that's good enough for me ;) x
Darling Nightmare, thank you for sharing your experiences. I feel a bit encouraged. I am starting to have more good days than bad days; I think what I need is an infusion of confidence. ;)

I've got some extra abdominal skin that can be covered with corsetry but there's some extra skin on my breasts and arms that is much harder to conceal. I'm learning to accept it though- at least until I can afford a good plastic surgeon. ;)

Thank you for your support. :)

Darling Nightmare said:
Hi jacqueline, firstly welcome to the site! I'm just trying to start out at burlesque to, wouldn't have thought I would be a few years ago as I had a major op and a year after key h*** surgery so my stomoch is covered in scars. I've been using bio oil and it's made them go down alot but they are still there but I have just learnt to love them, they represent how lucky I am to still be alive I guess what's not to love bout that lol
as a result tho I suffer from alot of pain and my stomoch bloats out and makes me look pregnant which I don't love, but I just concentrate on the good days and bring that confidence in to my posing/performance.
You must have good days too right? Where you look in mirror and think damn I look good lol

I don't know if I'm helping or just rambling but I thought I'd share my tummy issue anyway just to show you we all got something and no one is perfect but if your confident others will think your perfect and that's good enough for me ;) x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service