Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm sure most of you have seen in the press, the gross and cruel statement Gaga decided to make at the VMA's with her meat dress.
Part of me doesn't even want to talk about it as it's another way of promoting her, wether its negative or not i guess that's what she wants and strives off.

But i found this article regarding it and thought i'd share with you guys.
The whole thing is wrong on so many levels, but i love the way this guy decided to approach it..
Read on...
http://www.mfablog.org/2010/09/the-meat-dress-mfas-open-letter-to-l...

She explained on Ellen, "If we don't stand up for what we believe in, if we don't stand up for our rights; pretty soon we are going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones…And I'm not a piece of meat"

I'm sure the poor animal she wore for a couple of hours and then discarded, strongly believed it should be worn to the VMA's...yeah right.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Americas Next Top Model also posed with a bunch of meat in one season...as did that other modeling show.
I don't understand the "statement" of Lady Gaga here?
Other that "Hey-I'm-trying-to-be-as-extreme-as-possible-look-how-crazy-I-am".
I'm not really into her music myself but I think she can be fun to look at, it's fun with crazy people

This meat dress sure did make people look at her and talk about her, which was the plan I guess.
But by choosing meat I think she made a disgusting choice!
It would be one thing if she did this weird thing as a REAL statement like an anti fur thing and officially made a statement about that before/after she wore it.

This ads purpose is to disgust, and to make people think.
In those cases I believe you can go to extremes to wake awareness.
(Just like help organizations do when the photograph and film the worst things in order to get people to really wake up).

I think it's sad that since she claims to be an creative artist can't come up with another outfit to chock people with. This act seems desperate, stupid and hopefully she really made people disgusted and so that not her fans are crazy enough to think its cool.
Ok so this is not the first time she has worn the meat...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/07/lady-gagas-meat-bikini-vog...
I know they did 'Love Game' together, but can you imagine if her and Manson got together? It would be chaos!

Desirée {PL Team} said:
Agreed. She's def in it for shock value. A disgusting shame really, but how else would her music sell?? She's just another Marilyn Manson.

Kim Coquette said:
What statement was she even trying to make by wearing flesh? Although I havent looked up her side of the story (which I should) my immediate thought is that she is using her free speech rights for shock value...
I believe her statement was more or less about rights. Something about "if we don't fight for for what we want, we'll end up having just as many rights as the meat on our bones."
It had nothing to do with fur or animals in general.
I think it was brilliant. She aims to shock, so shock she does. I'll admit, I didn't like her at first. I thought she was all to well into herself and just seeking massive attention, but the more and more I learned about her, the more and more I ended up liking her. As an artist, she writes all of her own music and lyrics, and is crazy amazing even acoustically. Also, let's not forget she started out as a burlesque performer. That alone should hold some respect. ;0]

Edit://
I love Lady Gaga (proof is tattooed on me) I haven't heard her explanation for the dress but I know that she always has some creative statement behind everything that she does. She wore the same thing on the cover of Japanese Vogue shortly before the VMA's as well in case anyone didn't notice that.
It was actually a bikin, i posted the link a couple of post's up.
Ashley Lindroth said:
I love Lady Gaga (proof is tattooed on me) I haven't heard her explanation for the dress but I know that she always has some creative statement behind everything that she does. She wore the same thing on the cover of Japanese Vogue shortly before the VMA's as well in case anyone didn't notice that.
Was it real meat? I think it would smell too much....maybe its a synthetic material that looks like meat.
Short answer YES. Nuts huh!?

Here is the designers blog, came from a family butcher shop: http://francfernandez.blogspot.com/2010/09/lady-gaga-at-vmas.html

On why Lady Gaga chose a meat dress, she told Ellen DeGeneres that it was a symbolic choice: "Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian. As you know, I am the most judgment-free human being on the earth. However, it has many interpretations, but for me this evening ... If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And I am not a piece of meat."

Vestige Photography said:
Was it real meat? I think it would smell too much....maybe its a synthetic material that looks like meat.
Personally a meat dress would not have been my choice to make this particular statement, but GaGa loves shock value. I think that she is incredibly creative and brave.
I think we are wasting way WAY too much time and energy trying to understand that wierdo! Her music is good dont get me wrong, but when asked a question she makes people scratch thier head and wonder if she's all there!
I dont even think the music is good. I lived in Europe for many years and will say that her stuff is simply recycled Euro-Pop circa 2001, nothing original there at all. Lots of hype, lots of promotion and cuckoo esoteric behavior ! Never liked her

Michael Trujillo said:
I think we are wasting way WAY too much time and energy trying to understand that wierdo! Her music is good dont get me wrong, but when asked a question she makes people scratch thier head and wonder if she's all there!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service