Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hi everyone

I have recently released my very first pinup calendar featuring 12 models and 12 fighter planes and I would love to get any feedback on the photos and know which month shot is your favorite.

you can view the photos and video from the calendar at
www.warbirdpinups.com

Thanks,
Christian

Views: 78

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the photos look great! where were they shot
I think it's really nice for a first go! a suggestion? (since you asked) in a lot of the images, the focus goes to the plane instead of the model. If that was your intention, good job! but you've got some b-e-a-utiful women there, and you should shoot 'em closer. :)

Just my 2 cents. All in all though, really great job!
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone!
As for the comment about the focus issue, I appreciate the feedback, however I will have to disagree in this case, for the most part I have been trying to focus mainly on the models but still show enough of the plane as well. The project is mainly directed to the aircraft enthusiast and of course for the classic pinup lover, so in each month in the calendar there is also a small photo of the whole aircraft since I have been zooming in on some of the girls.
Absolutely beautiful shots Christian, love your work, beautiful job capturing an era! I'm such a plane nut too =) As a plane nut I can appreciate the focus on the plane, BUT, since the model is far in the foreground on some shots the photographer in me wonders if it was intentional.
I can definitely appreciate the images of the planes. I wouldn't really call this a pinup calendar though, a classic war bird calendar yes. As a person who stares at professional images all day (not on PL, but as my actual job) I can say that your focus isn't on the girls in most every picture. They are absolutely beautiful images, and I'm not taking anything away from that. When I think of "military" or "plane pinups" I'm automatically reminded of the classic planes littering our Navy Bases (my husband is a Squid) it was never about pretty planes, it was about putting pretty women on the planes. :)

Christian Kieffer said:
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone!
As for the comment about the focus issue, I appreciate the feedback, however I will have to disagree in this case, for the most part I have been trying to focus mainly on the models but still show enough of the plane as well. The project is mainly directed to the aircraft enthusiast and of course for the classic pinup lover, so in each month in the calendar there is also a small photo of the whole aircraft since I have been zooming in on some of the girls.
Thanks again for taking the time to review my work and to send your feedback.
When you view the photos in the full size 12x12 calendar it is easier to see the models closer and better than in the small photos on the website, and to see that the work is not just about the planes alone. As I mentioned before, the intention behind this project is mainly to bring back the classy era with a sexy yet tasteful look of the women and of course the plane lover is my main client base.
I agree. If the images were more about the plane you would have shot in a wider frame. You shot them at the perfect length to me because you can still see a lot of the plane in most of them but still focus on the pretty models. Totally loved them! awesome work!

Christian Kieffer said:
Thanks again for taking the time to review my work and to send your feedback.
When you view the photos in the full size 12x12 calendar it is easier to see the models closer and better than in the small photos on the website, and to see that the work is not just about the planes alone. As I mentioned before, the intention behind this project is mainly to bring back the classy era with a sexy yet tasteful look of the women and of course the plane lover is my main client base.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service