Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Has anyone ever had electrolysis? I was at the salon the other day talking to one of the waxers and she said that she has had her armpits and bikini done and is very pleased with the result. She also said this was the only form of permenant hair removal.

I would really love never having to shave/wax my armpits/bikini again... :P

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the whole point was that it killed the root of the follicle? It's awfully expensive if it's only temporary.

Lady Tawny said:
But most times it is not permanent this seems to be a great misconception. I mean unless there is a new development that i don't know about. hope this helps.
Ok, here's the scoop. The FDA has stated that this is the only form of permanent hair removal. No other form of hair removal can make this claim (for example, many laser clinics make such a claim, and can/have been shut down for it). It can be painful. A very tiny needle is inserted into the hair shaft its self and an electrical current travels through the follicle, down to the bulb and (if done properly) creates enough thermal damage to destroy or distort the follicle enough that hair can no longer grow. Each individual hair must be treated. It is best for small areas such as the eyebrows because it is a tedious process. You must have multiple treatments to achieve success (as not all hair is growing at the same time-you can only destroy hair in the growth phase) and they're not cheap. I'm an esthetician, and I've done laser hair removal, and know girls that do electrolysis. Honestly, I stick with waxing. It hurts less, you can cover more area, and the hair doesn't grow back very quickly, especially if you get waxed regularly. Plus, it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service