Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I love seeing the difference between how people dress nowadays and how they dressed back in the day. We have the thread about how everyday people dressed, http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/everyday-people-of-the-4..., but this article I found got me thinking about how people dressed when they were going places that we still go today.

I think it's amazing (and kind of sad) that we are going the same places they did, but the way we dress has drastically changed, and most of the time, not for the better.

So post up your then and now shots, and who knows, maybe if people see this thread, it will inspire them to dress a little nicer when they go out.

Views: 5841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First,I have to say that lloking good can be very subjective. I don't think it's necessary to always go out in full dress, petticoat, heels, etc, but I do think that you should be color coordinated, clean, wearing the right size and have your hair brushed. That being said, I do love to look dressy when I leave the house. Of course I had a fabulous mentor in this...

This is my very stylish Grandma in the late 50s

And this is her in the early 70s

Even now, that she's almost 80, she always looks put together. It wasn't always easy for her, she came from a VERY poor family, but somehow she always managed to look glamourous

I live here so I see it everyday!! I love the classic Vegas.

Roxy Tart {Madam/Community Mgr} said:

Las Vegas!!

Then:

Now:

Ummm, I think we lost some glamor. Sad!

I have some great vintage photos of my Mom and Dad at Disneyland when she was pregnant with me but that was in the 60's...still looks wayyyy better than today.

Or another favorite...

Going to the movies

Then...

And now

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!