Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I love seeing the difference between how people dress nowadays and how they dressed back in the day. We have the thread about how everyday people dressed, http://www.pinuplifestyle.com/forum/topics/everyday-people-of-the-4..., but this article I found got me thinking about how people dressed when they were going places that we still go today.

I think it's amazing (and kind of sad) that we are going the same places they did, but the way we dress has drastically changed, and most of the time, not for the better.

So post up your then and now shots, and who knows, maybe if people see this thread, it will inspire them to dress a little nicer when they go out.

Views: 5841

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first contribution, Disneyland!

This is how people dressed to go to Disneyland in the 1950's

http://www.yesterland.com/dressing.html

And this is how they dress today:

wow everyone in the oldschool pics looks rather sharp.....and the others not so much .....killer windbreaker.AHAHAH
wow, those recent pictures are plain awful.
At least I can say that my everyday dressing is a lot closer to the 50's photos than anything else.
I'll get some photos of my grandma back in the day even just at home she still looked polished and presentable.
seeing all those beautifully dressed women in the '50's really made me think. We never had that in our country. In the '50's the communist party took over and everybody had to dress after the soviet model meaning earth-coloured, shapeless, unimaginative dresses.

I feel as if we skipped a step in our natural evolution as women... in the '20's and '30's romanian women were second best after the french when it came to fashion ....and than nothing.

So after the revolution when they could wear whatever they wanted they didn't know what to wear... instead of discovering their repressed sensuality, their womanliness, they chose to bare it all or cover themselves in horrible clothes because they didn't know any better.

And my generation and the ones that follow, we were born free but we weren't raised with the idea of beauty so we have to figure our ideal beauty on our own, and it's hard to do that when you are invaded with images of anorexic, half plastic girls taking their clothes off on tv and no other option of how women are supposed to look like.
How about the airport?

1950's:

Current:

Shopping!

1950s:

Current (this is painful)

(yes, this last one is of Sarah Palin)
Wonderful thread. I've been somewhat lax with my personal appearance recently; now I'm inspired to put some more classic pieces in my wardrobe!
We look sexy these days *sarcasm*
It makes me so sad, how little people care about how they look in public these days. I love the airport pics though, I have a thing about vintage luggage!
Prom in the 50's:

Prom Now:

schoolpictures

--------------
now:

When people dressed up to go to the curch

and now

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!