Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I have a strong presence about myself, and sometimes I'm relatively shy.  It seems when I come across some dominant females we just don't get along.  They're either overly aggressive or jealous.  It's like I am a threat even when I've dropped my weapons and show no harm, but they continue this nasty cattiness.

I used to work in an office where my boss was male and his wife was vice president.  Over some time, I felt like his wife was in competition with me. As if she was watching every little thing I did even as far as how I dressed.  I take pride in what I wear and I like to look sophisticated and sexy, but I started to not wear makeup, keep my hair pulled back and wore frumpy clothes, I even gained a little weight because I started to become depressed.  It got to a point where I seriously considered getting another job and eventually that wasn't hard to do because I was let go.  Why?  They said it was because they couldn't afford me, but kept interviewing people for my own job?!  You better believe I got unemployment compensation.  That was just foul!

Some say it's their own insecurity and I can understand that, we all are insecure sometimes.  I just don't understand the display of it.  Wouldn't it be better to be a good person and treat people with kindness rather than being a complete b****?  I just don't get it.  Please someone elaborate. 

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best way to deal with that sort of behavior is to pretend you don't notice. Just be confident and be yourself. You will shine through and it won't matter what another assertive (I like assertive over aggressive) female thinks or acts. I am a bit of a alpha, but I maintain humility which often makes other assertive women back off. Not taking yourself so seriously and being humble and appreciative of your gifts will help you succeed in a sea of sharks.
I have a very strong personality. At times I can be the whole room. People with weaker personalities need to confer with other weak minded people. This can make me feel less than at times.

You seem like a well adjusted, smart, and genuinely good person. Don't ever let them affect you or let them know they can affect you. This in itself cause them to try something else to break you down. The best way to deal with haters..

Office Politics suck especially when it comes to females in an office setting. Especially at corporate level. Too many princesses that want to be queen or worse too many queens and not enough crowns.

(sigh...I feel your pain Scarlet)

Breathe and Stretch

Best wishes

V.E.
Sometimes women are b****** and there's nothing you can do about it! Some people don't get the concept of treating others as you would want to be treated!
Be humble, be confident, and be awesome at what you do, and who you are. In a professional setting, this can be a tight rope act. Always swaying between arrogant and doormat.

Me? I'm an assertive personality, though, I get along with everyone. I have friends whom are timid, friends whom are aggressive, and I love them all. I act differently depending on who I'm with. Everyone needs to be handled with a different set of gloves. It's the ability to do just that, handle everyone differently, that will make your life MUCH easier.

Keep your chin up, and don't let people get you down. Not everyone is going to like you, and the sooner you realize that...and embrace it...the happier you'll be ;)
The way I look at it is that the kind of "dominant" females you write about isn't dominant at all...
They just need to "put on a show" to make people believe they are...
The "dominant"/STRONG one is you, who can walk into a room and people will notice you before you even say a word... Of course that is a threat to someone who has to act out to get attention...

I have a strong belief that the term alphamale/alphafemale don't just exist among animals...
Us humans are also mammals and why wouldn't there be "alphas" among us, as well..??

I don't understand that kind of behaviour you write about either, but I learned with time not to let it get to me...
Why waste time and energy on a behaviour that has NOTHING to do with who and what you are
and WHY should you even try to understand something that hurts you...??
Actually that nasty behaviour is one of the biggest compliments you can get...
I know it's kind of backwards, but think about it... ;)
What they're actually "saying" when acting out in different ways,
is that you are beautiful and they are jealous and it shouldn't be your problem that they can't accept that fact...
That problem is THEIRS and THEIRS only... ;)

Keep being a "ALPHAFEMALE", doll... ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service