Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I am curious how many people here dress up for every day wear. I cant afford to have that many pinup outfits as the price tags are insanely high. I would love to however it just doesnt happen.

Views: 1289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to, but I where I live people don't hardly ever dress up so I'd stand out like a sore thumb. I settle for dark denim, converse, a t-shirt, maybe a bandanna in my hair and my make-up done.
same here. everyone wears jeans even to work!

Sara Sundae said:
I'd like to, but I where I live people don't hardly ever dress up so I'd stand out like a sore thumb. I settle for dark denim, converse, a t-shirt, maybe a bandanna in my hair and my make-up done.
I dress up every time I go out. Some times it's on the more casual side, but my style is who I am, not a phase or trend. I would never dress up just for photo shoots, or just for parties, it doesn't seem right to me. My style is pin up/rockabilly/psychobilly/vintage inspired all rolled into one. And it is what I sport every day!
When I worked at the mall last year- I did dress up in a cute dress nearly every day. Maybe when I am working again I'll wear my dresses to work!
I'm with Roxy Tart, pin up/rockabilly is just my style...I can't wear my expensive pin up dresses every day...but I love my victory curls and wear them as often as I can...
I dress pin-up about 95% of the time! Never walk outta the house without make-up and never wear sweats. It's really just the way I was raised. I didn't wear my first pair of jeans until I was 13. Yeah, I'm a weirdo! HAHAHA
I agree. You can pick and choose what you do. Today I did a Pomp and a James Dean tshirt. LOL

Andrea Wascher said:
I'm with Roxy Tart, pin up/rockabilly is just my style...I can't wear my expensive pin up dresses every day...but I love my victory curls and wear them as often as I can...
Nope. Partly because of work and partly because of money. I work at a barber shop and am on my feet almost all day so I have to wear sneakers or boots. It's pretty much jeans and a t-shirt or sweater with that. I do alot of physical, housekeeping type stuff and there's alot of hair flying around so a dress just isn't functional. I try to do something with my hair or makeup every day though. I wear red lipstick and black eyeliner every day and a bandana or some sort of hair clip every other day.
I try to use some kind of fities or forties element, even if I mod is up with skeletal prints or soemthing. I try to find clothes on sale or cheaper that are close to retro repoductions or that have the look. I do get some looks for my victory rolls and other hairstyles that seem unusual to some people, but you just gotta own it so i try not to pay much attention. I try to make my own hair fascinators because it's so expensive when I don't feel like they should be. I might wear a pencial skirt, or straight legged jeans. Wear a shirt that shows the curves not tight, but fitted. Flower clips, red lipstick, cat eyes, skeleton hand clips are my favorite. But when I dress up I gotta feel comfortable with it too.
Even when I don't go all out with a whole look, people still figure out my retro and spooky tendencies. I can dress more like myself where I work now.
The only time I don't look at least a little pinup is if I'm sick and going to the store in sweats to get medicine. Otherwise, I end up looking pinup to varying degrees most of the time.
To an extent, I do the rolled jeans and chucks mainly. I did wear heels daily, but now I work 12hr shifts and am on my feet all day so that just doesn't cut it anymore. On my days off I can't wait to get back into my heels, esp my red ones! Always do my make-up and fake eyelashes, bandana in the hair or flower. Living in Michigan it gets a little harder in the winter, I have lots of vintage inspired tops for warmer months! But I save the dresses and pencil skirts for something a little more then work or grocery shopping.
what do you have for vintage tops in the winter?? i would love to see! i live in MN so i suffer with the cold too

Kitten Kaboom said:
To an extent, I do the rolled jeans and chucks mainly. I did wear heels daily, but now I work 12hr shifts and am on my feet all day so that just doesn't cut it anymore. On my days off I can't wait to get back into my heels, esp my red ones! Always do my make-up and fake eyelashes, bandana in the hair or flower. Living in Michigan it gets a little harder in the winter, I have lots of vintage inspired tops for warmer months! But I save the dresses and pencil skirts for something a little more then work or grocery shopping.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service