Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Dissappearing Car Door, Why can't we have this option yet!?

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HAHAHA That door was used on I think it was one of the '96 Lincoln concept cars, The first time I saw it was in Hemmings Motor News, I was like how the f*** does that work? They were selling the car (one of a kind automobile!) for like 5 grand or something...I remember it was way less than 10k any way. It has no vin number and supposedly can not be titled. I'm sure it would affect structural integrity and really suck in a crash to have no b pillar and the side as one huge seporate piece. No I did not buy it and I didn't buy the car from Cobra that was equally inexpensive.
Really!? That is awesome, I'd love to see any photos! Do you really think it would hinder safety much?

A friend of mine worked on that program when he worked at Jatech.  He used to tell me stories about it.  Pretty silly.  One of the vehicles sold at Barrett Jackson a few years ago.

The video is pretty neat, lots of shots in and around Detroit.

And yes, side impact was a pretty big concern.   Then there is the cost and serviceability.. 

duuuuude, I want that on my car.....like YESTERDAY. how awesome would you look if you pulled up to a curb and said "yeah....my door folds away....that just happened...no big deal" LOL
That's a pretty slick concept! So not practical and definitely too silly for real life.

But I can only imagine what a nightmare those would be to bring to safety regs and to fix when they fail... (hehe I can just hear my techs cursing and swearing in the back now) And when they fail: Raining? Hello water damage. Night & no garage? You could probably kiss the whole car good bye, or at least all the shiny goodies in it. Crumple zones & side impact? Ouch! And you'd only be imune to door dings if the people parked on either side of you have the sliding doors as well ;)

I'll take a pass on this particular modification. Suicides for me!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service