Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm a huge fan of any clothing that is customized. From buying a dress second hand and repurposing it, to putting vintage buttons on a new cardigan, to making something from scratch, I love things that are custom.

So show off your custom stuff here. Whether you made it or it was made for you, if it's a one of a kind, let's see it!

These were made for me by my favorite seamstress Haley (fabric chosen by me):

This shirt I bought at a thrift store, added the hook and eye down the front, and added the patches (you can only see one):

This was a "hot topic halter" (you know, the "goth/industrial" ones with the tacky straps and buckles) and one of my favorite t-shirts:

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's awesome, Roxy! I thought I was the only one who went into a store, looked at an item, and decided that it would look good if I removed the sleeves, changed the buttons, took it in, whatever! Whenever I shop with my daughter and she comes out of the dressing room, I always say, "Well if we change that and that and that, it'll work". The other people always look at me like I'm crazy!
LOL, totally! I told the girl working at Hot Topic what I was gonna do to the halter, she looked at me like I was crazy. Got any pictures of what you've done?
It might seem different, but I do the same thing with all kinds of things I see, the difference is I think about how cool something might look if it was repainted and then pinstriped!
Great forum topic...... I heart custom clothing! I will have to get home to my PC and upload some of my customs.... Xoxo sodashopsue
I do the same thing :) One time, I bought two comforters for my bed, took one completely apart so I could make matching curtains for the windows.

Back to clothing... Because I'm tiny, I have a lot of things altered to fit me. Most vintage size 9 or 10 fit me like a dream, then there are those outfits I just can't turn down so I get them altered. I NEVER let them keep the scraps, I have them put it all in a bag for me to pick up with my clothing is ready for pick up.

So, I have a lot of vintage fabric scraps. I make hats, shoe clips, etc., from the scraps to make an entire ensemble.

Here's an example. With this fabulous vintage dress, I had it hemmed to perfection. With the hem scraps I made this pill box hat!

Photobucket

This dress I had hemmed as well and with the hem scrap, I made a custom hair flower and I also lined my lucite purse with the fabric so it'd all match...

Photobucket
And this for my birthday. Again, dress too long for my short self, hat and shoe clips made from the hem scrap.

Photobucket

Close up of shoe clips:

Photobucket

Me actually wearing it all for my birthday night:

Photobucket

Photobucket
SO cute! now I just need to take pics of some custom orders I've made!

Lisa Love said:
And this for my birthday. Again, dress too long for my short self, hat and shoe clips made from the hem scrap.

Photobucket

Close up of shoe clips:

Photobucket

Me actually wearing it all for my birthday night:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lisa! all of that is just so awesome! so so cute! you look great :)
Lisa, I think you might be my new girl crush! LOL. I love the hats, and the shoe clip idea is awesome! One of my passions is an outfit with all matching accessories, and you've done it perfectly.

Honey B, I know you have some awesome stuff... let's see it!!
Today I took the PL necklaces I bought and made them a little more "me". I added glitter to the red one, and attached the knucks to the black one.

THese look FAB!! You rock, Roxy!

Roxy Tart {M} said:
Today I took the PL necklaces I bought and made them a little more "me". I added glitter to the red one, and attached the knucks to the black one.

That is awesome, now i will just have to tell daniel he has to buy me one and he has to make it, hee hee

Betty Red {M} said:
THese look FAB!! You rock, Roxy!

Roxy Tart {M} said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service